Best Port on Lake Michigan

What is the best port on Lake Michigan to fish out of? We are rating by quantity and quality. If you could fish out of any port on the lake....which port would you fish out of and why?

I don't mean this to sound like I"m oposing this or anything but wouldn't this be like asking why someone drives a Chevy Truck;) over a Ford?

I mean,

Where we live means alot about where we fish, so I might like Muskegon better then somebody else but this isn't the port that could be called the best.

So do you want to know where we think the best is and why?

Ludington. Should be, or come out to be the best.

I've caught the most/biggest fish out of Ludington. My brother in law makes my arms hurt in Ludington.

In my opinion, you fish the hell out of the one you go to the most and you can make it the best.

Tim

i agree completely dv8or i fish out of saugatuck mostly and do outstanding most of the time but meny people will not fish there do to the bad rep. it has but like you said the best port is the one a person fishes the most out of i also fish there mostly becouse its close to my home less than 20 min.

Are we rating ports by the fishing, or the amenities and ease of use?

We are rating by quantity and quality. If you could fish out of any port on the lake....which port would you fish out of and why?

Ludington gets my vote. I believe more fish are caught out of Ludington than any other port.

I would like to try Ludville sometime. But all I here is net problems over there. Thats why I stay away from that place. So has anyone been seeing alot of nets this year there again?

Rich

My favorite port is the one my wife wants to fish out of. She's the hottest fishin' buddy! ;-)

In regards to fish, I normally fish from S. Haven or Saugatuck. S.Haven is the closet port to home, so that gets the most action from me. If I have the time, I like to take weekend trips up to Charlevoix due to the really nice area, wine grapes, low boating traffic on the lake, and I know some of the bartenders in the area.

I like 'em all! But St. Joe gets my vote due to the long season, varied fish species, an awesome Skam fishery, and I charter there!:D

If the Northern ports had these qualities, and a larger customer base, Franfort or Leland would get the nod.

I gotta go with the St. Joe Port. For exactly the same reasons that Steve said. The northern ports are knowed for the Kings and box 3 each and your done. Go to the Joe and you have a great chance at a grand slam any time of the year.

But there is anoter reason. Going to Ludville head for the shelf and box the kings. Go to St. Joe and and one has no clue. I LIKE THAT. I like the challange of finding them, working to hit the box, fooling the fish and once you do get your kings being able to switch the program and water to find other off color fish. St. joe is one of those ports!

Mark