saugotuck 10/5 "SPEED TROLLING"

all i can say is , what a nice oct day to spend on the lake

and heres the report , rdfishin and myself met plumcrazy at the launch around 7:30 this morning and set up in 95 fow with the normal fall set up of 2 riggers, 2 divers and 5 cores in varying colers and went on a n.w. troll with a lot of bait and marks on the sceen from 60 to the bottom we only took 2 fish in that area before we started out deeper to find some feeders

we herd another member on the radio putting a serious smack down on them so we set a troll to get to the same area in general , once we fit 175 fow thing started to happen but still not fast and furious till the only other boat in the area told us to speed up to 3.5 to 3.9 on the gps on this n.w troll and 4.0 to 4.5 on a s.e troll

and raise every thing up to spead spread ,and wa la , steelhead where hitting emidiatly

we ended to day 9 for about 17 or 18 , with 4 kings and 5 steelhead

set ups that worked where

craigs x-mas stingray as a free slider above a green fire ball nitro this was hot and was 80 down on a rigger "takeing about 10 hits"

org and gold brads thin fin on a high line

purple clown stingray 70 down on a rigger and craigs x-mas reverse as a free slider

gold org killer on a 5 coler

green glow spin dr. and last supper fly out 100 on a diver on 3

as a side not the water temp was 60 to 61 in 100 and 58 to 56 in 230"on the surface"

well this was probly the last trip for the dog this season

so thanks to plumcrazy and rdfishing for makeing it a good one and to don for the great info this morning on thr speed"3.5 to 4.5" in think that is the fastest ive ever trolled out there

WTG :) We always say, "You're only going too fast if the canon balls are skipping on the surface".:lol: You must have been getting some major blow back on the riggers, not to mention the bend in the diver rods. Like always, Find out what they want and give em lots of it. There has been a few article written on high speed trolling.

Nice catch! Passed on going out to South Haven this afternoon. Sounds like some awesome fishing. I guess there was a boat explosion in south haven marina damaging a few other boats. Pics looked pretty bad. Glad i wasn't there.:(

awsome Terrry

We are officially done for the year as I winterized the boat last thursday. and pulled all the fishing eqipment out for the winter. Still have the 18' river boat and may try and make it out if the seas allow it.

That is some speed you guys were running I belive 3.5 is the fastest ive ever run and caught fish. good info. thanks

wea ran orange bommer on one flat line and dw alfostes on the other with 1once

3 color mix veg ss mini and the other maui waui ss reg 5colors we ran killer junk (purple spoon glow back with orange ladder backs ) the other orang chilly both mags 10s purple glow tiger and orange killer mags ss on the divers rasberry dol 90 back and killer nate 80 set on 3 (orange front gold back and orange and yellow tape) regs riggers green peeper ss mag 43 mix veg mag 35 down and a black spinnie green fly 80 down caught trou salmon and aa ton of steel glad i could help you out terry give me a call on the water any time always scan 68 and 88