Great Lakes Fisherman Tournament Trail

GLF

I am getting ready to start a new tournament trail. I have the website built for it, but I am not ready to unveil it. It will start out on the West side of Michigan and branch out from there. The tournament trail will have several divisions. The top 30% of the teams from each division will qualify to fish in a 2 day Classic for BIGGER prizes. I would like to end up with a division for each port. There will be a minimum of 5 one day tournaments in each division. Money from each division tournament will also be pooled toward the classic.

Another chance to qualify for the classic.

There will also be a wildcard position from each division that will get to fish in the Classic. If you fish in all 5 tournaments in a division and do not qualify for the classic, your name will be put into a drawing after the last qualifying. The name that gets drawn will be the wild card entry for that division.

Before I officially launch the new tournament trail, I am looking to see how many would be interested in this type of a fishing a tournament.

If you have any question, please ask.

Not shure if I quite understand Mike. Are you saying that each port will have 5 tournments and then the top 30% from that port fish a common classic event against the top 30% from the other ports? Can you break down a small senario to help understand a little bit. Would a division be perhaps St. Joe, South Haven. And another be Holland, Port Sheldon ect.?

Are you saying that each port will have 5 tournments and then the top 30% from that port fish a common classic event against the top 30% from the other ports?

Thats exactly what I am saying.

Can you break down a small senario to help understand a little bit. Would a division be perhaps St. Joe, South Haven. And another be Holland, Port Sheldon ect.?

This is not a traveling tournament trail. A division would be 1 port. South Haven would be its own division and would fish 5 tournaments out of South Haven. Muskegon would be its own division and would fish 5 tournaments out of Muskegon. etc, etc, etc....

After every division fishes its 5 qualifying tournaments, the top 30% of the teams, along with a wildcard from each division would qualify to fish in the classic.

There will be a minimum amount of boats for each division.

One other thing I forgot to mention.

This is an ameteur only tournament. The captain of the boat, nor any crew member can be a charter captain, or have held a captains license in the last 2 years.

I'd be interested Mike. Is this something that would have a smaller entry fee than the Tournament Trail but more than the WMFL? Would you have a maximum number of boats? What are you looking for in a minimum? I love a little competition.

i would be inerested..sounds like a staggering amount of work..are you gonna tackle this by yourself or do you have people in place.there would probably be a lot of blow date problems if there were that many tournaments...maybe im thinking too much..sounds great though..i think andy(unreel)sprayed fish repellent on my lures at the last event so i need revenge..

I'd be interested Mike. Is this something that would have a smaller entry fee than the Tournament Trail but more than the WMFL? Would you have a maximum number of boats? What are you looking for in a minimum? I love a little competition.

There will be a small membership fee per year to be able to fish in the events. I have not decided on the amount yet. It will be less than $30 per year. Once you are a paid member, you may fish in any of the current years events, in any division(you still have to qualify for the classic). So...if you are a diehard fisherman, it will be possible to fish in a tournament almost every weekend.

i would be inerested..sounds like a staggering amount of work..are you gonna tackle this by yourself or do you have people in place.there would probably be a lot of blow date problems if there were that many tournaments...maybe im thinking too much..sounds great though..i think andy(unreel)sprayed fish repellent on my lures at the last event so i need revenge..

There is no way I could run every division. I will be looking for tournament directors to run each division.

All I can say is WOW!! I am going to need more fish repellant for Don! That sounds like a HUGE undertaking but fun for everyone. I know that I would enjoy fishing closer to home and other ports every now and then. I can't wait to hear more.