Menhaden and WD40

WD40 is aerosolized menhaden oil.

Has anyone actually sprayed it on "JPlugs" and had them produce better than un-sprayed ones???

This all new to me. 15 years ago, I was a rebel because I dragged a bag of dead alewives...

Boy, I'm not gettin gmuch response to the 4 posts I made, but I AM getting PMs OTA!!!

Seems there are some other 'perfumes' added to the WD40 that make it not as good as "Muskie Grease", "Lunker Lure", etc. When I press a bit, I find menhaden oil as a base. Wonder of wonders...

i'm thinking that if you bought a bottle of menhaden oil to lube your lines, you might do even better.Three or four drops into your reel before you hit the water...

When I first started salmon fishing, I was turned onto the WD-40 thing but weened myself off of it. Simple fact that through my research is that WD-40 is not really all that good for the lake system.

Not saying that it wont work, but I have caught just as many fish with it as I have without it.. Now I use my own attractant. Simply cut bait ground up in a blender and put into a spray bottle and then sprayed onto baits when needed.

BlueDevil-

Yes, I have made my own for many years, usually out of smelt or alewives, believing that chum/attractant from the forage base MUST be better...

BUT, the convenience of menhaden oil is very attractive to ME!!!

Steve- does the stuff you use list a main ingredient???

• 2 weeks later...