Fished St. Joe 4/9, 4/10

Sorry I’ve been out for 3 days had to get my fishing fix in.

My plans were to hit St. Joe Saturday, Sunday and Monday but as most may have known, Saturday was a blow day. So I had a few items at the old house to work on before we close on Wednesday and since I could not fish I worked on the “Honey Do Listâ€.

Sunday I was up by 6:00am and was ready to fish but my brother-in-law had never made it in to town the night before so a sat around moping till the wife told me to get out of her hair and do something. I had the 2 older kids suit up and I would take them fishing. We were on the water and had lines set by 9:00 and fished till noon out in front of the pier heads. We ended the morning going 1 for 3 with my daughter reeling in the only fish, a nice 4 lbs Coho caught on an orange mini spin doctor w/ mirage 2†fly.

After having lunch at the in-laws my brother-in-law and I ahead back out around 3:30pm and fished till 8:30pm out in front of the piers again and ended going 4 for 7 all Coho. With the Orange R-11 been the hot chose for the night taking 4 hits.

Sunday we were on the water by 7:30am and started out in front of the piers again running in and out of the river water. By 10:00 we had only boxed (1) Coho and lost another. We pulled line and head south to the Nuke plant. We set down just north of the plant in 20 fow and set up for a troll south. We hit the edge of the property line and head out to 50 fow and trolled across the front of the power plant by the time we hit the other edge of the property we had 5 Coho in the box, so we turned around and started heading back toward the pier heads hoping to pick up that last Coho and call it a day. We trolled till 3:00pm and never had another bite. We end the day 5 for 10 with the HJ-14, Clown taking 7 of the 10 hits.

The next 3 weekends it looks like I have only fishing planned. That’s going to bite!!!!!!

Steve, I hear they have been getting kings on rigger's within 5' of the bottom in 40 - 45 FOW.

We talked to a guy Sunday at the ramp that had boxed 12 fish with few kings, one was 18lbs, that caught them out in 45-52 fow north of the Nuke Plant and south of the A's.

I should be back out on Friday if the weathers nice.

just an fyi

If I had to call a port home it would be St.Joe. and in reference to the A's if you here any one mention the chalet's that would be the A's. Just good to know if you here anyone mention that on the radio as the chalets straight out in about 27' of water hold a small drop off the goes down 3' and then back up going out through it , tends to hold fish and has been a prticularly good spot over the years and at one time yeilded me 9 fish on 3 passes one morning.

We talked to a guy Sunday at the ramp that had boxed 12 fish with few kings, one was 18lbs, that caught them out in 45-52 fow north of the Nuke Plant and south of the A's.

I should be back out on Friday if the weathers nice.

I am thinking you may have talked with DIRTY DOG.