Weather report said calm winds but we launched into an 8-10 mph breeze in the dark. While the waves were not particularly high, they were two footers coming from all directions. The phrase, 'confused seas' comes to mind. Wife wasn't happy driving and I was getting bounced around pretty good setting lines in our 21' Trophy. It wasconstant steering and throttle adjustments. After setting 5 lines we both had enough and turned the boat towards the harbor, figuring we'd just troll back in. The wire Slide Diver popped and I managed to fight and net a15# king while she handled the boat. It fell for a Kev's GF with a Diabolical Mad Cow. I had it out 120' on 1.5 setting, in 115' of water, straight out. Temptation to stay out now, but we didn't. We only live 10 miles from port, so we agreed to pick a better day. Breakfast at the Lighthouse Cafe sounded better. Lines were only in the water 45 minutes. Lol.

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 2

I am spoiled with the days I fish.  My job gives me that flexibility.  I wait for the forecast to be waves less than a foot and then I go.  I get enough fishing in that way and I'm not thrown around.  Nice fish!

• Like 1

Same here Mega Byte. I only work 20 hours a week, my choice of when usually, and watch for good weather. It was supposed to be calm. I should have known with a fairly strong breeze at the launch. And I think the main issue was the wind switching and waves coming from every direction. It doesn't look too rough in the picture, but just hard to control the boat and even stand up. The mama wasn't happy. I told her it was going to be flat. Lol!

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App