We usually use different flashers, either spin docs, I personally like echip flashers, out best this spring has been a mtn dew flasher with a home tied pickle sunshine fly and a green e'chip or spin doctor with a chartreuse red dot spin n glow or a chartreuse p'nut. Let you ball down till u get slack in the cable and bring it back to tight then raise it about 1 to 2 feet. If you aren't getting bit try slowing down, we have had to go as slow as 2 mph this spring, but normally 2.3 to 2.5 is good laker speed. Last week end we tried to stay within 1 foot of the sand, and that is where we got bit. Another good set up is a trash can Dodger with a P'nut, ( wobble glo) When the other stuff is silent I always put that combo down.

Trash can with spin n glow on riggers or divers either right on bottom or close. I let my rigger down till it bounces then bring it up a couple feet. Every 15 minutes I let it back down to bounce again. Also catch em on pro trolls usually chrome or silver.

We usually use different flashers, either spin docs, I personally like echip flashers, out best this spring has been a mtn dew flasher with a home tied pickle sunshine fly and a green e'chip or spin doctor with a chartreuse red dot spin n glow or a chartreuse p'nut. Let you ball down till u get slack in the cable and bring it back to tight then raise it about 1 to 2 feet. If you aren't getting bit try slowing down, we have had to go as slow as 2 mph this spring, but normally 2.3 to 2.5 is good laker speed. Last week end we tried to stay within 1 foot of the sand, and that is where we got bit. Another good set up is a trash can Dodger with a P'nut, ( wobble glo) When the other stuff is silent I always put that combo down.

Mike when you say Mountain Dew echip, are you talking about the white blade with Mtn Dew tape, or the Mtn Dew blade with either pearl or Mtn Dew tape? Seems there are a few different options and I've always wondered which is being referred to by most...if it even matters to the fish that is.

Mike when you say Mountain Dew echip, are you talking about the white blade with Mtn Dew tape, or the Mtn Dew blade with either pearl or Mtn Dew tape? Seems there are a few different options and I've always wondered which is being referred to by most...if it even matters to the fish that is.

Mtn dew blade with mtn dew tape. Ken Neidlinger turned me onto that after I made a couple of flies for him.

Sadly Ken is now in an adult foster care facility, his dementia has completely taken him.

When kings are mixed in I like to run 8" green with white glow tape spinny with a pickled sunshine fly, or a 10" white with glow tape spinny with a purple mirage fly. Always a pleasant surprise when the reel.lights up.

I pound my cannonball right on the bottom to the point my laker cannonballs are flattened on the bottom. I also walk my wire divers to the bottom as well.

Don't overlook mag spoons, with glow in particular.

I second fbd. Drag the cannonballs right on the bottom if you are in a area that you can get away with it. No rocks or as the case here in the bay a lot of green slime, really cut down on this technique. You can put a release a bit above the ball. We used 6lb balls and would drag them so the rigger arms and rod tips were always bouncing. I also second the idea of running a speed relative bait if you suspect any kings are around. I have cought a bunch of kings on spoons that run at different speed ranges as well as attractor/fly setups. In over 30 years of my boat and being a mate ,I have only witnessed a few shaker and 1 mature king on a spin and glow.