What a great day with my 10 yr old son. Set lines in 75 fow at 6:30 marking a ton of bait. Couldn't get anything to go for a good hour. Then picked away at them till 9:30. In total went 6 for 10 with 2 laker throw backs. Then headed to the Saugy channel for some catfish to keep my partner interested. 5 nice cats later and we headed back out to 135 fow straight out from Saugy on a north troll. Just got the first rigger down 80 with a green dolphin and whamo nice king (16 lbs) almost took my son out the back of the boat. Fished 150 back to 135 and took 2 more kings. Marked a lot of fish in the 130 range.

Here is what worked:

Full core- BLL MI Sunset- 9 lb king

Rigger- down 80 135 fow mag green dolphin, 16 lb king

Rigger- down 85 130 fow MS RV series Bloody nose 4 lb king

Rigger- down 60 80 fow carmel dolphin- shaker

Rigger- MS RV Bloody nose 100 fow- down 80 laker

Rigger- Don't remember details- son was chumming- laker

5 catfish- down 12-16 ft- crawlers

Good day to be a Father.

Good luck, Dave

Great trip with a variety of fish. I've never chummed but have seen plenty who have. The old school fix for that is ginger so I try to have some ginger ale or ginger snaps on board if it's a mild case. I've heard pressure (rubber) bands on your wrists can help, too. There's a variety of meds, too, but if you're like me I avoid them unless absolutely necessary.

Always great to keep the young ones interested, nice job goin for the Cats. Great fight and some fine eatin too. The transderm scope patches work really well for the small ones, just be sure they apply about an hour befor leaving the dock.