Monroe 6/20-6/21

Edit post Reply with quote

Post Lake Erie 6/20-6/21

As expected the weather man was WRONG AGAIN. They were calling for light and variable winds, ya right. Anyways we got out fishing later than we had planned on Monday. There was a bad delivery truck rollover on the highway and we got stuck for an hour waiting to get that cleaned up.

When we launched the boat we headed out to 22 fow just north of the end of the shipping channel from the river. Didn't have all our lines set and took a fish. After that we picked at them. 22 to 24 fow was best for us using Happy Hooker blades behind a "0" Dipsey set back 55' on a 3 setting. We ended up with our limit of 12 fish that most were right around 22". Just missed the big fish pot at Jeff's Bait store for that day by a few ounces.

On Tuesday we were met by strong winds from the southeast and storms to our north and south. The fish we were on the day before had moved and we had some slow pickens for quite awhile. We headed in to 18 fow and marked alot of big hooks but we couldn't keep the small white bass off our lines. And the wiggler skins were off the charts constantly fowling our lines. We picked up and headed out to 25 fow and started hitting fish a little faster, but still not setting the world on fire. Picked a few more fish out there and called it a day. We ended up with 7 on Tuesday.

Glad we left when we did because the tornado sirens were going off when we stepped out of the truck to go to Cabelas. Hit some bad **** for weather on the way home and also witnessed the best firefly hatch I have ever seen.

The Mayfly hatch, empty wiggler skins.

FishbonesLakeErie2011013.jpg

FishbonesLakeErie2011014.jpg

Chris with a Lake Erie eye

FishbonesLakeErie2011002.jpg

Me with my new fishing shirt on.

FishbonesLakeErie2011006.jpg