bad weather walleye

The bay has slowed down the water cleared up and the fish moved. I was fishing the mudline out of sebewaing in 12 to 14 feet of water but now u can c the bottom in 12 foot which isnt good for walleye fishing. We were limiting out every trip until wensday, we only got 9 wensday , 5 thursday and 2 friday. it looks like the weather is gonna keep me off the bay until the middle of next week so ill keep evertone posted.

The channel buoys are out at the sebewaing river but u have to b extremely careful at the mouth theres a couple big rocks and a tree inside the buoys. Im not going out of the river im going out of rose island just north of the river.

Thanks for the update,I found out the wrong way about the channel and

ran thur the silt/mud on wed, thur there had to back out and I was in the center of the channel between the river and frist set of markers.hope they

can drege there.its some good fishing over there.:)

I think they are gonna dredge at some point and yes its very good fishing there year around. Ive been fishing out of rose island for 15 years and have never had a bad season. For the past 7 years we usually catch between 2 and 3 thousand walleye a season. If u dont want to lauch out of the sebewing river u can always launch out of thomas marina, no trees or rocks.

Just got back from the bay, couldn't get out Sat or This Morning. Wind took out power and blew the Motel sign down (Northland) Saturday, wind was trying to knock me down in the parking area at Linwood Beach, Granddaughter hanging on to trailor hitch. We'll be back. Still had fun, Grandaughters first big trip, ( 6 year old) She loves fishin.

Just got back from the bay, couldn't get out Sat or This Morning. Wind took out power and blew the Motel sign down (Northland) Saturday, wind was trying to knock me down in the parking area at Linwood Beach, Granddaughter hanging on to trailor hitch. We'll be back. Still had fun, Grandaughters first big trip, ( 6 year old) She loves fishin.

Tom, welcome to the site.

Some of my best memories where fishing with my grandpa.

Tom, welcome to the site.

Some of my best memories where fishing with my grandpa.

Thanks, glad to be in. She caught her first fish at two, I work hard to get her away from Sponge Bob and video games. We need more kid friendly fishin. I caught Perch with a cane pole off the pier with my Dad. I've talked to many people who tell thier pier stories, the fond memories. Unca Chuck talks about riding his bike down to the pier to get a bucket full of Perch. My Grampa used to take the bus, with his cane pole, the bus would stop at the bait shop! Bring back that fishin and you wouldn't have any problem getting kids or anyone else into fishin, just give them something to catch! Perch fishin is how most of the guys I know got started, restore them.

Its still blowin a gale here prolly wont get back on the water till wensday or thursday and we should be back on the fish. Put 103 walleye in the freezer since easter sunday, fishing the same spot. Only can fish when the weather allows.

i had quit fishing big water, then 2 years ago. my oldest son talked me and my wife into going to erie with them for vacation with him and his family. the point being was we took my 6 yr old grandson out, along with his half brother who got very sick. now he dont like it. but the 6 yr old is crazy about the whole thing. he loves catching he loves fishing and he just loves the run in and out. and he is so good about waiting his turn on the rod. and the look on his face when he gets a nice 6 or 8 pounder is in my mind for the rest of my life. i sure hope you dont feel like i stole your thread. just that i know what you have to look forward to. he is always ready to help with anything, he,s right there. what can i do. its just awesome to see a young one so interested in a good clean sport. as long as im able i,ll keep him involved in outdoor sports. hope you get to do alot of fishing with your 6 yr old. and i am sorry her big trip turned out as bad as it did. but it sounds like you guys know how to make the best of a bad day.

sherman

The bay has slowed down the water cleared up and the fish moved. I was fishing the mudline out of sebewaing in 12 to 14 feet of water but now u can c the bottom in 12 foot which isnt good for walleye fishing. We were limiting out every trip until wensday, we only got 9 wensday , 5 thursday and 2 friday. it looks like the weather is gonna keep me off the bay until the middle of next week so ill keep evertone posted.

My buddy says when the wind was bad north east, he went to Augres calm water caught fish. Does this trick work? Whats the best launch. I've only fished out of Linwood, haven't had to go anywhere else.

i had quit fishing big water, then 2 years ago. my oldest son talked me and my wife into going to erie with them for vacation with him and his family. the point being was we took my 6 yr old grandson out, along with his half brother who got very sick. now he dont like it. but the 6 yr old is crazy about the whole thing. he loves catching he loves fishing and he just loves the run in and out. and he is so good about waiting his turn on the rod. and the look on his face when he gets a nice 6 or 8 pounder is in my mind for the rest of my life. i sure hope you dont feel like i stole your thread. just that i know what you have to look forward to. he is always ready to help with anything, he,s right there. what can i do. its just awesome to see a young one so interested in a good clean sport. as long as im able i,ll keep him involved in outdoor sports. hope you get to do alot of fishing with your 6 yr old. and i am sorry her big trip turned out as bad as it did. but it sounds like you guys know how to make the best of a bad day.

sherman

You did fine, Kady yells at Gramma if she isn't watching her pole! We'll be back, watching the reports here, and Linwoods. She thinks Franks is the best baitshop in the world! Only spent $65. bucks, not bad really, I can't get out of Bass pro for under a Hundred!

We picked up 9 fish this afternoon south of the sebewaing river in 8 to 12 feet trolling crawler harnesses. We had to work for them but it was worth it. The 5 days of north gales we had here didnt help but as it continues to calm down and warm up the fish should become more aggressive.

Fished yesterday morning (Sat 5/21); started off Lone Tree 8-12 - nothing; water was clear; bay was flat; moved a couple of times and ended up 2 miles East of the spark plug 22 FOW and landed 2 big ones on Orange / Silver Tots 50 feet back 1.7 mph. Size made up for lack of quantity. Half dozen boats in the area.

Fished yesterday out of thomas and sunset where the water was more muddy picked up 5 fish in 13 feey of water. Was catching limits up till 9 days ago off lone tree and the sebewaing river but the water is way to clear. Switched things up today and went out of port austin and caught a coho salmon and a lake trout in 40 feet of water on a green and silver spoon. Lost 2 other fish only got to troll for about 2 hours. Both fish were about 12 pounds.