Black River Mouth and Lexington

Got to the Black River mouth about 5:30pm yesterday evening. Lots of people on the North wall, and lots of people not catching anything. Only heard from one guy that caught anything and that was a small Coho. Emerald Shiners seemed to be the hot ticket there. Fished at the River mouth till about 8 pm. Had a fish chase and strike at a spoon right at shore, and some Jerk in a boat come ripping in the mouth at breakneck speed taking half my friends spool off his reel. (didnt even have time to get it in)

From there went to Lexington to try some luck there but to no avail. Total ghost town. got there about 8:30pm and fished till 12am. The only other fisherman we seen there were actually leaving when we arrived. Had one small tap on a spawn rig, but no hookups. Im thinking it was just too warm, and im hoping with some colder weather it will turn up again.

The daughter and I hit Pt. Huron this morning. Put in at the 12st launch before daylight and headed south of the Black toward the Bean. Set up and started trolling upriver past the city buildings. Made several passes up and down stream, marked a few areas of fish but no takers. Worked the deeper water up further toward the bridge, marked more fish in the deeper waters but still no takers.

There were about 15 guys on the walk by the city building in the morning and several more just south of the bridge on the wall. Surprisingly, there were several boats out trolling this morning up through around noon. Did not see any fish caught off the wall or by any of the boats. There are fish around but were uncooperative. The water was pretty clear this morning and it was bright out so that probably contributed to the lack of success. On a good note, I did not run into very many weeds this trip, that was a plus. Maybe the NE winds will stir up some more water out in the lake and send down some more murky water.

On a side note: I know what ya mean about the other boaters there. Seems the pleasure boaters have no courtesy for anyone on the river. They take dead aim and see how close they can get to the people fishing and trolling. Nothing more enjoyable than having a set of huge wakes give you a nice rock & roll only to bounce off the seawall and come back at you again. I was really impressed with the individual that had to make a complete circle around us today before he decided to head into the black river..

Edited by Turfwrench
add more

You will run into these kind wherever you go wether it is hunting or fishing and some of the worst ones are fellow outdoorsmen. I have the same issue with hunters now where I fish. They only think of themselves but they would be the first to complain if the shoe was on the other foot. There are laws against harassment if it falls under harassment turn them in to the DNR. I found out this summer that the DNR is only too happy to write a harassment ticket to protect your rights.