Big Red Classic - Thanks

I wanted to express my appreciation to all those on this site who have helped me to become a better fisherman.

We posted 7th this weekend in the Big Red Classic and 5th in the 333 event with a pretty good payout.

I also wanted to thank Ron and the Big Red Classic board of directors for putting on a great event. For those of you that were not able to attend, they have a great chicken dinner with free drinks including beer, brats and beer for lunch on Saturday and an indoor area for awards and setup which was second to none. Bang up job all.

On another note, we feel truly blessed (and lucky).

Fished the event with my father (which is a true blessing), my buddy Scott (Rough Diamond) and a buddy Les. WE had a great time.

We were boat number 7, caught 7 fish, and finished 7th.

Oh, and it was 8/7/10.

Women's event on Friday found a lady on our boat decorating the water. For those of you that fished Friday morning you know what I mean.

For those of you that don't know Sunday was a scratch due to weather.

Thanks again to all.

Nice job.

Props to "Caught in the Moment" who stood down, pulled lines and came to the assistance of a sinking boat during the tournament.

Thanks but that wasn't us. We could hear one side of the radio communications but were not in the area.

Nice job to the boats that did well, we haven't had a day as tough as Saturday was in a long time. I sure wish we would have had an opportunity to try to make up for it on day 2.

Gordy

"Caught in the Moment"

Sorry about that. I think you may have been in the area as we passed you just before we motored down at the scene.

But then I was working the GPS, the radio, and hammering around in the chop at 37 so I wasn't paying too much attention to the other boats other than to no run over their stuff.

We ended up 4/4 from 7:30 to 9 before we pulled them due to a chummer. That sounds great but the first rod was in at just before 6.....

I'll second that of Money Pit, I wish we could have had a chance of redemption, Congrats Mark on the finish, I still can't believe we went from 8:30 to 1 without a single hit. That tournament is one of the better ones I've fished this year as far as organization and amenities, ie food, beer, etc.

Maybe we were in the area and didn't realize it. We stared about 4 miles north of Holland in 50 FOW and stayed in that area until 9:30 or so then moved to the 01 line and worked 80-140 FOW.

Nice ride. Don't see many of those and that's a shame. Buddy wanted one and ended up with a Tiara as he could not find any in the area.

This boat was in the 30-32' range.

If you're ever willing to trade for a 22' Four Winns let me know. Good on gas and all that!