Spider Wire Dipseys

Hello Members,

Right now I run mono fishing line on my dipseys and I really hate letting out so much line out so I can get down deeper. Well my buddy Sarah C talked me into using spider wire and what I like to know is. Is there some kind of depth chart that I can use to know how deep my lure is going.

Anyone help me,

Caznik

Caz I've always used 3to1 on setting 3 and 2to1 on setting 1 as estimates. ie 150 feet of line on 3 equals 50 feet down. although i think the max you can hit on 3 is probably between 60 and 70 feet no matter how much line you put out.

I usually start the morning at 90 for my high divers and 50 for my low divers. then let out 10-15 feet every 15 minutes or so until I hit a fish I rarely run my low diver past 115 feet of line and 250 feet on my highs.

fyi my lows are wire but I think at those short distances the wire probably doesn't give me much more depth than superline. i just love my wire:D

I have a link for the dipsy diver chart here. http://www.luhrjensen.com/techreports/12DipsyDiver.pdf ...This is for the size 1 dipsy.When you buy a dipsy a depth chart is usually included.I cover these charts with clear tape on the top of my tackle boxes so they are in easy view.

We have all of their tech reports in the manufactures tech center. I received permission from them before I posted them.

GLF,

I can open up your info in the manufacture forum but I cannot read it good. On Mikes I cannot even open that one up. Can someone copy the chart and pm it to me. I will give ya a beer at the fishermans landing if you do that for me.

Rich

Caz,

Try to get the line out/ depth from the precision trolling big water book. The Luhr-Jensen chart is for mono which has stretch and is a bigger diameter line than the braid. The braid has virtually no stretch which will pull your divers deeper.

You will be amazed at how far down you can go on the right setting.

Caz,

Try to get the line out/ depth from the precision trolling book. The Luhr-Jensen chart is for mono which has stretch and is a bigger diameter line than the braid. the braid has virtually no strech which will pull your divers deeper.

You will be amazed at how far down you can go on the right setting.

Ya thats what I thought about the depth chart that is posted. That its for mono only. I want the one that is for spider wire and not mono. I think I will have to go by Tgafishes answer.

Caznik