We set up at 7:45 in 135 fow. Had a fish right off the bat on a Siggs Mountain Dew Flasher fly on the wire diver 120 back (got off:mad:) Trolled in with the waves and nothing. Headed back out, Nothing. At dawn we finely got one on the Double trouble off the center swr rigger. Later had a giant in the full core Moonshine spoon (got off:mad:) the other full core took a rip and got off:mad:.

Ended just 1 for 4. All my hooks are razor sharp, so I'm not sure whats going on. Two other boats at the launch had the same luck.

Ended up 2/4 Saturday night in 90'.

First hit setting lines, good hook up on a rigger 80' down. I'm playing with the core, pointing and screaming and my crew is paying no mind. Ran into the wire diver and got loose.

After an hour, thought the core was pulling hard. Pulled it in to find a 5# king swimming along.

No more than set the back up and it got a rip you wait all season for. 330 just starts screaming, board skipping across the wave tops, and then gone.

At about 9:30 we pulled it again as it was dragging and found a 3# king.

Had I not dragged those around, and had I loaded up on that spoon (Strike Zone 50/50 with an orange ladder back added) I could have boxed a few more.

But my 3 year old got to reel in her first king (at least the last 3 colors on the core) and start yet another little Essenburg on the path of sleepless Saturday mornings and thinking that a crack addiction would be cheaper in the long run.....