June slow down

I'm sure a few of you guys and gals have expierenced the typical hot spring bite followed by the setting up of the thermalcline. This usually results in a 2 week period where the fish really scatter and don't bite as well. Lets here your tactics for staying on good catches through this time frame. I'm sure we all can come up with a few things to help one another out.

Try staying out later or getting out earlier. The last few minutes before daylight or after the sun goes down can be very productive. I picked up 3 nice kings over the weekend two hit at 6 am and one at 9 pm.

Pull your boat over to Lake Erie or the Saginaw Bay. June is one of the best months for walleye fishing. Why fight Mother Nature?? Go with the flow. Head back to Lake MI about the middle of July.:) Trade a Trip works well also.:)

Adjust the speed if all else fails. We caught fish on 3.1 at the ball last weekend and had to slow down (due to a tip from Dirty Dog) to 2.1 this past weekend. Fish are still around, but hanging low (on the bottom). Either that or GO DEEP. The hard part about that in the lower bowl is it means a big gas bill.

Adjust the speed if all else fails. We caught fish on 3.1 at the ball last weekend and had to slow down (due to a tip from Dirty Dog) to 2.1 this past weekend. Fish are still around' date=' but hanging low (on the bottom). Either that or GO DEEP. The hard part about that in the lower bowl is it means a big gas bill.[/quote']

its nice having the deepwater in a little closer in the northern part of the lake.the breaks out deep are starting to form.we got into some steel about 16 miles out sun,saw tons of 8 to 10 inch kings feeding on the surface.

its nice having the deepwater in a little closer in the northern part of the lake.the breaks out deep are starting to form.we got into some steel about 16 miles out sun,saw tons of 8 to 10 inch kings feeding on the surface.

Gotta love the offshore bite...Hoorah!:thumb:

Pull your boat over to Lake Erie or the Saginaw Bay. June is one of the best months for walleye fishing. Why fight Mother Nature?? Go with the flow. Head back to Lake MI about the middle of July.:) Trade a Trip works well also.:)

thats what we did this year and our first trip this last weekend we banged the eyes on erie. I didn't even have the program completely down. Now i have two planer reels and boards on order for running big board instead of inlines.