Lead Core to braid Knot

What kind of knot is everyone using to tie their backer to their leadcore line?

I have had atleast 2 times where my line has broke at the backer. I am not sure if it is breaking at the knot or further up the line. Should I change my knot, backer, leader or what? I will say that I don't have a problem with fish breaking me off. It is caused by another fisherman running across the back of my boat.

I have 27# LC and 30# power pro for a backer, and run 20# maxima ulta green for a leader. I have been using a knot that is combination between a nail knot and an albright. Thanks

http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

I run a mono segment between the power pro and the lead core on all my setups it makes it much easier if you want to do the willis knot to connect braid to lead core remember to do 2 knots as the small diameter braid will pull thru the knot. A double uni knot has also worked for me if I need a repair in a hurry.

thanks for the tips. I think I need to go to 50# backer.
You don't need to replace your 30# with 50#. I have been using 30# for about 6-7 years without replacing it and never once had the power pro break. I actually sowe with a needle the power pro to the leadcore. I know it isn't as fast as the other knots but never had one problem with it.

What adrenalin said. we us Spyderwire stealth as backing on most of our bigger cores, Willis knot has yet to fail us, we don't use any mono between the 2.

A little tip: use a needle to thread the braid into the core.. :thumb:

I use a piece of mono between the braid and core but if you don't want to do that you can try putting super glue on the braid. That makes it stiff enough that you can thread it into the leadcore sheath and tie the Willis knot.

Never tried mono, to braid, to attach the lead core, I have used the willis and used a sail needle to thread the braid it takes a couple of minutes and you can only get about 2 1/2 inches of braid into the core sheath but I have never had one pull apart and I second the 30#. Because braid is super slick the superglue drop is a must. If you use the mono section be careful with superglue on the mono. 1 big advantage of the willis over other knots is the size of the knot itself. The albright can be quite large and can hang in tip top guides. I do use the albright to attach my backer and leader to Copper, however I just have larger diameter tip top guides on the copper Rods.

I do 300 yds of 30# Power Pro backer, then a 40' segment of 30# mono(for attaching to planer board) tied together using a back to back uni knot. I then tie the opposite end of the mono to the lead core using a willis knot. That knot is bullet proof IMO. Ive never had it fail. Its also a small knot that passes through the rod guides and line guide with ease. No hang ups with this knot.