5-16-10 AuGres Eyes

Mike G. (FishMonster), Joel (NE Outdorsman), Jeff F. (Mister Twister), and I teamed up for some walleye whacking. It was a slow go but we managed 16 eyes and a whitefish. The NE wind definitely worked it's wicked ways, and slowed the bite as the wind built. It was my extreme pleasure to have these great friends aboard. 30-34 FOW Bouncers and Meat doing about 1.5 MPH. Glows, and Purple were our best colors.

The Laptop Chartplotter is doing a fantastic job, and is very viewable even from the back of the boat. I'll also update to a 5 inch Garmin Color FF soon. My old LMS 350 is still very functional. The screen on the OLD Combo unit is hard to view because of scratches and sun light. The LMS 350 continues to work after several seasons. It came with the boat and is at least 15 yo.

5-16-10_augres_eyes_b.jpg

5-16-10_augres_eyes.jpg

Good job Frank. After we talked on the radio, neither of us caught another fish. Next time, I'll just cruise by and wave! John

John, We were just happy to be out there after the nasty weather last week. We were kicked back and enjoying the day. If I wasn't having such an enjoyable time, I would have pulled and run as soon as that breeze picked up out of the NE. It always seems like the switch is to OFF when that happens. I'm glad I got to talk with you. I hope to meet you some time.:)

Frank, the winds for this week/weekend don't look the best either. I'd still like to jump on board with you sometime and see how you keep all those rods away from each other! John

John, You are welcome anytime. The wind makes it tougher to run them. We had a few minor tangles Sun. Usually we just bring in the tangled ones, take the boards off, and everything separates. We pull 12 lines almost every day.:)

Nice job guys!!! It was nice meeting you guys!! Thanks for the whitefish Frank, that thing was awesome eating!!! My fishing sucked today only getting a couple but we had fun running around in the Ranger...LOL!!!:lol:

Scott

Scott, That is a sweet ride you have. I think you were spooking away the walleye because you didn't want to slime the new boat.:lol: I'm glad we finally got to meet. YW on the whitefish. When I got home I fixed the one I caught the day before.:)