14 Lb rigger wt

Always wanted a little heavier rigger weight & needed a project so... :

2010newestaddition.jpg

Used a piece of fence post pipe. Cut down one side of it with a hacksaw. Used 4 fence hanger clamps to hold it back together. Made a small metal base plate that I clamped to the bottom hanger, to seal off the bottom. Melted lead in an old iron sauce pan on the grill, fired with some scrap wood. Made the tail out of an old piece of 1/8" aluminum. Cut the tail slot with an old wood rip saw. (surprisingly tight fit) Pointed the front of it on my old lathe. Used a ss screw & washers to build up the nose a little. Hung it with string from the rafter to find balance point. Then drilled the holes for the I-bolt. (careful how you drill lead - do a little then let cool or lead will melt & jam drill bit) All threads sealed with an adhesive. Painted it silver. Total cost - under $3.

Whoa-la - 14 Lbs, on the money.

Will it work? I'll find out 1st week in April.

Come on Spring

i just got back from gander mtn.they wanted 49.99 for a 10 lb cannonball..i thought it was a mistag..i about wet myself....hmmm i wonder why people are shopping online for the best deals they can get..8 bucks for moonshine spoons and 5.99 for other big lake spoons...i drove 45 minutes to get there..complete waste of time

i just got back from gander mtn.they wanted 49.99 for a 10 lb cannonball..i thought it was a mistag..i about wet myself....hmmm i wonder why people are shopping online for the best deals they can get..8 bucks for moonshine spoons and 5.99 for other big lake spoons...i drove 45 minutes to get there..complete waste of time

I agree, Gander has the worst prices for big lake stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...