gills

i am a HUGE fan of the wolfram jigs from yourbobbersdown.com, and the gill pills. in all colors!! I am also going to try plastics this year... bros blood woms look great and so do the nuggies from atomic. I use spikes, waxies, and wigglers and all seem to produce..

i use mostly marmooskas or fiskas with spikes for gills and dimond jigs for crappies , all in size 14 and the only bait i tip them with is spikes i by 2000 around x-mas and have about 200 left in the spring for write after ice out.

i do also use a few dj costomsin 12 or 14.

My favorite is probably a black teardrop jig with a glow back and a red dot with wax worms. This year I am very interested in experimenting with the plastics. However some of the biggest gills I have caught through the ice have been on minnows while fishing for crappie.

Little Atom makes some fantastic plastics as does Maki Plastics. I dont have their website, just google Maki Plastics or Loby Baits and you should be able to come up with them. They both have great movement and some awesome creatures that gills love to slurp up!