A blast from the past.

Nailer

Last week while doing some work for a local friend, we got to talking boats, and fishing. He used to have a big boat back in the 80's that he kept in Holland. He did a small amount of fishing back then, but no longer could. He asked if I wanted some of his old tackle. Um sure!

Here's a few of the lures he had They bring back some memories.

img_9324.jpg

Edited by Nailer

That 5th spoon from the left looks like an old Billie Bait. We used to have a fair amount of success on those at Grand Haven. Couldn't seem to get them to work to good anywhere else tho. I have several of the other spoons that are shown.:D

I like the blasts from the past. I liked living in the past, and with some memorabilia I can still live there.:D

Anyone remember Spank's Lures out of Grand Haven??? I have a couple of carded stainless steel spoons. The spoons are called MAULER and their TM was a bear with a salmon in it's paws.:)

That black and green ladderback second from the left is one of our go to lures for when its combat fishing time. Every year it seems to put fish in the boat. Unfortunately you have to reshape the lure after every fish. I wouldn't mind having one or two more.