Jump to content

Recommended Posts

ludington weather???????"

i am coming up this weekend thurs thru sun but am really having some doubts about the weather forecast starting on thurs night. i live 285 miles away and will be fishing 6 trips. if i can't get out at least four of the six i don't want to waste the gas. what do you guys think?????????

todd

nut-n-eze

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a tough call Todd. Im only 2 1/2 hours away and have delayed my trip two days now. To be honest, the forcast does not look favorable. Tomorrow is supposed to have 1-3 building to 2-4. Overnight its supposed to go 4-7' and remain that way until Friday. Wind is supposed to be change directions and be 30 knots outta the NW on Friday. So, i may not make it over there this week at all. I just cant see spending the money or wasting time when the lake is like that. Its just not fun to go out in those conditions. Already been a few accidents this year and one fatality. So, from my standpoint, its just not worth it at this point. Obviously everything could change or the forcast could be way off. Im gonna wait another day and see if things change....Like i said....its a tough call.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LAKE MICHIGAN FROM PENTWATER TO MANISTEE MI 5 NM OFFSHORE TO MID

LAKE-

250 PM CDT TUE AUG 18 2009

.TONIGHT...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KT DIMINISHING TO AROUND 10

KT. WAVES 2 TO 4 FT SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FT OVERNIGHT.

.WEDNESDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING SOUTH. WAVES

1 TO 3 FT.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KT BECOMING SOUTH.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY. WAVES BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FT.

.THURSDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KT BECOMING SOUTH. SHOWERS

AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY. WAVES BUILDING TO 3 TO 6 FT.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 25 KT BECOMING SOUTHWEST.

CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 4 TO 6 FT.

.FRIDAY...WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KT BECOMING NORTHWEST. CHANCE OF

SHOWERS. WAVES 4 TO 6 FT.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

WAVES SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FT.

.SATURDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING NORTH. WAVES

2 TO 4 FT.

.SUNDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KT BECOMING EAST. WAVES 1 FT

OR LESS.

thats your call im only 55min away and ill be up friday night fish or no fish im going to be up there and gonna fish tomorrow on a buddies boat

Link to post
Share on other sites
thats your call im only 55min away and ill be up friday night fish or no fish im going to be up there and gonna fish tomorrow on a buddies boat

See you up there Matt, I'll be up Friday night too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I have noticed aboat noaa weather is that they are off sometimes when calling for calm to 2' waves and ya end up with 3-5'. But very seldom have I seen them off when calling 3'-5' or better. I was hoping to get over to Manistee this weekend but as of now I am not.:(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forcast has changed three times in the last couple of days, mostly wind direction, but strength has no waivered. Their forcast was dead on today.(for a change) A constant has been high winds the next few days. A look at the radar shows you west siders should be getting into some rain here shortly, so i wouldnt be suprised if the wind comes with it. Looks like the tonight and tomorrow will tell the tale.

Im thinking Sunday i might shoot over for a few days. Let the crappy weather come through and let the water settle down a bit. I gotta feeling we'll be fishing a bit higher if we get that NNW wind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The wind ,rain and waves sent us back home Friday Morning...now it's SAturday morning and as I'm viewing the Harborview webcam, I'm seeing more wind and waves from the North, but we will be heading out to the b oat this morning late and arriving there in Ludington shortly afternoon...I'm hoping to get some Sunday Morning Fishing in yet this weekend, but only the waves will keep me from the salmon...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, the weather this week sure has been terrible, other than Wednesday. Thats why we stayed home all week. Sure it can be "fishable", but overall the fun factor goes down. Looks like its going to clear up tomorrow PM so, we plan to be there then and fish until Tuesday. Hopefully their forcast accuracy is as good as its been all week.

Last update of the B.S.P.L. was sustained 18 kts with gusts to 25 kts. And looking at the flag at the Loomis street launch and all the white water crashing on the north pier, i believe it. Im so glad we didnt make the trip...Plus its looks pretty damp!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup the boat is sitting in Harborview and I'm watching guys troll the Pere Marquette... because the waves are too high and the wind is too strong. And yes it is raining as well.. I don't know I'm hoping it's going to clear up, if anything just to go pick up the boat and dry dock it again...for another week, I can't get over there during the week so I've become a weekend Renegade.. Hoping the weather holds out, Adam you've got a longer drive then I do I think I'm sure you are glad you didin't go....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...