11" flashers

I just started using the 11" flashers this year, but have not got them to fire. My guess is that i have to try and change-up the leader length and color to see what is going to work, so i was wondering what your favorite leader length is? I was also wondering how well the 11" flashers work on dipseys, and if they change the dipsey's dive plane much?

Thanks,

11" flashers will work on dipseys, but it's one HELL of a lot of drag, stick with the 8" or 10" for that. leader length for us is approx. 23 inches no matter what size flasher, but then again we only have 2 rotaters over 10 inches on the boat, just don't see the need for the bigger ones.

I stick with 2.5-3 times the length of the flasher. An 11" double crush glow DW paddle w/ a Big Weenie Glo-Nad fly was hot for us last week. I run them on riggers and divers. I ran an 11" double pearl fishscale Hotchip w/ a Green Mist Sigg's fly all the time the last couple of years on a diver.

I was haveing the same issues and started playing with the length of the fly, what I found was that when I changed the length of the fly to about 55 to 60 inches they started fireing off a lot more. Just to see if was the lengh i put one the same set up down same color flasher and same fly brands and all. the long length would go but I had no hits on the one that was 24 inches. that has been my experiance with them.