Muskegon July 10, 11, 12

Friday we took a half day off of work to travel to Muskegon (Fishermans Landing) to get in a weekend of salmon fishing. Got out on the water Friday around 6:00. We ran out to 80 fow and set up with a west troll. We started marking a few fish around 110 and very few bait fish. At 160 we landed a laker off of the 3 color.:D We continued west out to 200 with no more hits. We turned to go back to the area where the laker hit but no more takers. Saturday we got a later start than we wanted due to the lightning but we were on the water by 07:00. We fished to the south starting in the 160 fow moving deeper and shallower. We had one rip on a superman J-plug but no one home. At 2:00 we wrapped it up to get some chow. Later we met Mike (GLF) for an evening fish and set up in 60 fow in front of the port. We were marking a lot of fish and finnaly connected with a nice one.

dscf0020.jpg

It was a slow tough bite this weekend.

On Sunday we hit the water and started out in the same area and managed another nice Salmon.

dscf0030.jpg

We ended up with two on Sunday and missed one on the rigger.

The good news is we didn't get skunked, and it has to get better. We will be fishing Manistee this coming weekend.

Frank, I did make it to AuGres a few weeks back. Conditions were less than ideal. 3-4 foot waves and wind made it difficult to find walleye. I think we ended up with 3 for the day. This is the way walleye fishing has been for me all year. When I can go the wind waves and walleye don't cooperate. I will work on walleye again next year. It is salmon time now. I still want to fish the Saginaw Bay some more. TT