Real tough day today.

Started out this morning finding that my truck had been broken into last night. It was parked a mere 2 feet from our open bedroom window, but the fan we use at night is as lowd as a jumbo jet. Even our 3 labs slept through it. Give a police report and head to the marina.

Then get out on the bay and find 2 to 3 footers out of the SE a few miles out, with a 4 footer thrown in once in a while. So I head to the center spark plug and troll with the waves almost paralell to the channel. Almost 2 hours and 3 miles later only one fish in the box. Two other boats, close and in plane view of us, that are trolling right next to us are also fishless. That makes about 30 rods and only 1 fish in 3 miles. Not so good.

I can see a big group of boats west of the 1 and 2 buoy, but get a gut feeling about shallower waters. Usually, in rough conditions the shallow bite is better if the weeds are not a problem. Pull lines and bust azz [literally] to the south side of the Dumping grounds with just a little over an hour to fish. Get 3 lines set and one goes off and it a nice one around 4 pounds. Long story short we put 6 more nice fish in the box and it's time to go. Here's the bigger one that yet another young man aboard caught today. Going to start shallow tomorrow and see what happens.

Oh and I forgot to mention the same keel and blade combo caught the big one again today. 3 times a charm it seems to me. :rolleyes:

IMG_0134.jpg

Good Job Dan.

Sorry to hear about that Butt Head breaking into your truck.

He must have really been desperate!

That young fellar sure looks happy.

We had really tough conditions here today also.

Nice job Dan...Dont feel bad, i heard allot of reports of tough going today. We got about 20 fish in all, but we worked for em. Fished off of Augres today and it was completely devoid of fish in a handful of places that have been productive for us lately. Had to head back to run all the way down to the channel to get em going good.

Thank's for the posts guys. It was weird and I was gratefull that the break in and the police formalities before my charter yesterday, didn't take my head out of the game. I really thought it would for a while. I actually forgot about the whole thing for a while when I found the fish and they finally started biting. But I'll get all day today to simmer, as that storm that was supposed to have been over by early this morning is now slated to stay around till 2:00pm. Luckily my clients re-scheduled. :grin: