Email I Received

GLF

I received an email the other day from a new member, and thought I would share part of the email.

"HI FOLKS, JOINED UP THURSDAY PM. WOW WHAT A SITE. GLA DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING COMPARABLE, CONGRATS."

I put a lot of time and effort into making and maintaining this site, but its everyone here who contributes by answering and making posts, that make this a GREAT site!

Thanks for making all of the posts! :thumb:

Mike

Mike, I for one think you have done a great job of keeping the site friendly.

It only takes a few bad apples to ruin the whole crop.

I remember seeing an episode on the Deadliest Catch where someone put a dead fish in the holding tank. It killed all of the crabs in the tank. :eek:

Mike, I'm very sorry, but you are wrong, it is YOU that makes this site as great as it is.... I've been to GLA and there are a lot of good people there, but they aren't half as good as you are, You my friend.. make all the difference,We here are grateful to you beyond anything I could say, I'm not saying the guys and gals aren't great at all, but it's YOU who provide this wonderful site and Forum, and I will forever Brag that I am a very small part of this to all that I come in contact with...

Thank you my Friend...

Your Boltman.

Mike, I'm very sorry, but you are wrong, it is YOU that makes this site as great as it is.... I've been to GLA and there are a lot of good people there, but they aren't half as good as you are, You my friend.. make all the difference,We here are grateful to you beyond anything I could say, I'm not saying the guys and gals aren't great at all, but it's YOU who provide this wonderful site and Forum, and I will forever Brag that I am a very small part of this to all that I come in contact with...

Thank you my Friend...

Your Boltman.

OK....What are you trying to get from me? Free spoons, flies, flashers, plugs, fishing trip, etc, etc, etc......

J/K Robert :D

Thanks for the kind words!

Thats got to be a good feeling when you get feedback like that Mike! I believe it starts at the top! You have to have good moderators for a site to function. Also the membership is part of the success...... with everyone being welcomed it breeds a friendly culture, and the new guy, or gal doesn't fear being run off for asking questions. Keep up the great work everyone:D

Mike,

I've checked out a lot of forums in different areas and some are similar to this format but none of them are as informative, friendly, and well organized. Thanks for the time and effort and thanks to everyone keeping it current.

like everyone else this is a great site. There are two boards that i pretty much check as often as posible this one and scubaboard. Whats makes these two places great is the moderators. They have a heck of a job going through every post and trying to keep things to a civil level. I know as my close friend is a mod on scubaboard and i know what he does as soon as he walks in the door from work, and then again before bed. Even though there are disagreements here and on scubaboard they are kept to a civil low key discussion, as everyone has there own opinion on a topic. But it doesn't get reduced to the nasty name calling and personal attacks, and that is where people like you come in. people that tend to act that way tend to get discouraged quuickly and leave the site for another where they can get away with that behavior. I just want to say a big thanks to you and all the mods on this site.

I agree with all of the above also, Mike. You do a very good job. I hang on GLA also and I think that part of it, and every other forum that is successful, is size itself. The more members there is the more personality clashes you're going to have. I don't think there's much that can be done about it except for being a strong moderator. That's where you come in.. And to you, I say thank you!!

Does that make sense??

Yup, you definitely have a great site. Lots of good people on here. Site functions well. Others sites have good info, but also have allot of bad stuff and the site functions are something to be desired...You have a great place, thanks a bunch.