Muskegon 6 & 7 Sept.

Saturday

NO Thanks to the combat fishing! I set a 3 rod spread at the start of the channel heading out to the big lake Saturday night. After weaving through all of the salmon jerkers in the middle of the channel, I cleared the pier heads and put it on a North troll to get away from the pack. Once I got away from everyone, we set up a 9 rod spread. We pulled lines at dark going 3 for 4. We lost a BIG king that got tangled in another line. 3 fish came on Silver Horde plugs(Mother of Pearl, Green Mylar, and Blue Mylar). We lost the big one and my Stinger prototype on a Stinger prototype. All of these fish came from 30-35FOW.

tltorrice_721504.jpg

Sunday

We left the dock this morning at 6am. Ended up going 7 for 7 and pulled lines at 11am. We set up in the same water(North of the piers) as what I ended the night before. Silver Hordes(Mother of Pearl, Green Mylar, and Blue Mylar) took 5 of our fish. We took one on a Protroll prochip 8(Blue Bubble) with a Siggs Rigs Pulse Fly(Aqua Blue Glow) on a wire diver, and one on a Rapala X-rap on a high line.

We took fish going North and South.

All of our fish came in 25-35FOW, and did not have to combat fish!

Our biggest king hit the scale at 17lbs. This picture does not do this chinook any justice.

Chinook_700809.jpg

kings.jpg

Nice job Mike and crew!!!! Nice to see ROY catch a big one!!!! :D:D Thanks for passing off the sunglasses to Nick today. We ended the day 3 for 5. Plugs were pretty much the ticket for us today 25 - 35 down in 50 - 106 fow. Early got one on dipsey set on 3 125 back with teaser/glow spinnie/MT dew fly.

GJ Mike and crew. Did you have the cabin boys with you?:)

They did not wake up until 9:30am.

Great Job Mike.

7 for 7 on Sunday the 7th.

You must be living right my friend.

WOW.....Thanks for pointing that out. I am going to play the lottery today. :D

They did not wake up until 9:30am.

WOW.....Thanks for pointing that out. I am going to play the lottery today. :D

The heck with the lotto, get in a crap game.:)

When the boys come out of the cabin, Mike hands them a doughnut and they're set until noon. I have had adults onboard, that are far more trouble than the cabin boys.

Nice catch Mike, the fishing was tough this weekend. After experiencing the combat fishing out of Muskegon your better off trolling the shore for sure. I could'nt believe how rude some of those guys were in the channel. I would not call them sportsmen. I love the peace of the open water. Good luck in the Grand Haven tourney.

Edited by 2UNREEL
spelling

Nice job Mike,

I took one look at the combat zone on Saturday out of Muskegon and went out to 75 fow. We went four for five taking three of the four on either glo watermelon or watermelon stingrays. The extra fish we would have caught in the combat zone didn't seem worth it to me. Nice to hear that you didn't have any problems in the traffic.