06/11/08 Walleye

Jack W; Joe A; Gary W; and I fished AuGres again today. When we hit the water a little after 6 it had a nice walleye chop. Three lines in and the skunk came out of the box. We worked a little for a four man limit. A couple of hrs into our trip the West wind shifted to the North, and we were fighting 2-3 ft waves. Inline planer boards B.B. the real thing on harnesses, with chartreuse, glow tiger, orange, and purple being the colors we run. We never changed a bait. Our biggest fish was about 3#s. 30+ FOW running 1.5 MPH. It was good to have Joe onboard again. We fished a lot before, but this was our first trip in about a yr. Jack W. had his son over and he fished with us the last two days. I love this time of year and the hot fishing on the Saginaw Bay. Get em while it's HOT.

I apologize for not responding to other posts. I have not gotten to bed before 11:30, and was up @ 4:00 AM two days in a row. It looks like a blow day tomorrow. I' may catch up on my sleep.

4 Man Limit

DSCN1490.JPG

It's been FANTASTIC fishing. I hope we can get out today but it don't look good. The Gravely Shoal Light hasn't posted a report since 9PM yesterday. We had a fish fry last night. I hope I can find some hogs Sat.:) Yesterday we had a triple and a double, but most of the time the fish just kept coming slow and steady.

I got out yesterday as well with two clients. One from Alaska and one from England. Let the first line out 65 feet with a Rattle Tot and when the line came tight on the reel we had a four pounder on. Got all lines set by 8:30 in almost dead calm seas and had 3 to 4 foot waves hitting the back of the boat by 10:15. The guy from England was looking a little nervous and our north troll against the waves was not fun at all so we called it quits. We did catch 12 walleyes and a big sheep and lost several more by then. Yesterday was also my first experience with Jet Divers in front of my spoon harnesses. They worked great and I'll be adding them to my arsenal.:grin: