Muskegon 25 May - 12 for 16

I had the pleasure of fishing with Priority1 and his friend Jack for the Stinger Challenge and today. We ended up 12 for 16 or more. We are not 100% sure on the number we lost. We caught fish from 130FOW to 220FOW. Fish came on 1/2 cores to 105' down on a rigger.

After the Stinger Challenge, Frank(P1) mentioned that he would like to do some "early" fishing. we agreed to leave the dock at 4:30am. My wife had today(Sunday) off, so I ran my sons back to Otsego on Saturday evening and stayed at home. I finally got to bed around 10:30pm. I was up at 2:30am, and on the road by 2:45am on my way back to Muskegon.

I had rigged the lines Saturday before I left with a full spread of Stinger NITRO's and flashers. I got to the boat around 4:05am and started charging the glow in the dark spoons. Frank and Jack showed up around 4:20am, and we was casting off by 4:30.

We motored out to 130FOW, shut down and started setting lines. I had just finished setting the 3rd line when the 1st rigger popped. This ended up being a nice king on a NITRO blueberry, set at 121'. The next rod that went was a wire diver set on #3 with 300' of line out. This was another nice king.

NBK.jpg

I scambled to get the video camera set up while the fish was on. Unfortunately, it was done making runs by the time I got it set up. Here is the remainder of the fight.

nm4rk79iDVA

We caught another fish on the NITRO blueberry, and a NITRO green fireball.

From here it was kind of a blur.

We caught fish or took hits on the following Mistinger Stingray size spoons.

Double Orange Crush

NBK

Green Parrot

Blue Dolphin

Killer Dolphin

Freakin Veggies

Green Dolphin

Multiple fish were caught on riggers set at 105', and 86'.

We also took 1 fish on an 11" protroll flasher(double white) and a Siggs Rigs Blue Mist fly. This was my hot combo last season.

Priority1 in action.

priority1.jpg

Priority1 with a steelhead.

steelhead.jpg

Jack catching another.

jack.jpg

Looks like after the stinger challenge you definately had a program down!!! Congrats to Mike and Crew (Frank & Jack)!!! It was very nice chatting with all of you at the stinger challenge :) and Thanks Frank for the invite to come to Saginaw Bay on another Islander Hardtop and fish walleyes with you.

Gotta luv those islander hardtops!!!

RedEye

Thanks again Mike for a fun trip. :) It's always a fun time with the West side boys. Jack needed a King Fix. It's been about 5 or 6 years for him. He sure got right aboard the GLF. The mixed bag of Coho, Kings, Steel, and LT, was the climax to a great trip.:)

Just wondering if anyone will be fishing saturday or sunday morning? I will be out both days if anyone is out give me a shout on 68. I decided it was time to name my boat insted of being refered to as rob boat name is fishaholic