Gas

GLF

And the reason for the high gas prices???

Greedy Oil Co.

Weak Dollar

High demand for oil

All of the above.

The weak US Dollar has a lot to do with what we pay for imported items. Just look at how our dollar compares to the world's currencies, now and 10 years ago.

1st Yes I have seen wind burners with riggers several times.

2nd Don't freak out just yet on the gas prices. Our weak dollar has people sending their investments into commodys such as gas and look for it to go even higher like to 125 a barrel before it tanks, pun intended.

We are using less fuel and they are on the verge of a huge surplus. When that happens fuel should level out lower then where were at now.

I know the price's is not going to stop me, and I burn a ton of fuel. Like 40 gallons in day sometimes. Share a ride with someone and share the expense.

Gas is going to do what gas is going to do. I try not to dwell on it because it's out of my realm of control.

I do feel for the folks that require a lot of fuel. Fishing fuel doesn't effect me too badly because my boat uses very little fuel. However, the diesel prices really put a crunch on farmers. My family farm had a bad year last year due to the drought like conditions, which caused those expensive irrigation engines to run for longer duration. And then there's the tractors working the fields, particularly in spring......those things need a lot of power/fuel.....

Things do not look good for us!

You mean people with 2 engines???? hehehehe.....

I've said it before, it can be 5.00 a gallon I don't care, I'd still use my boat!

Gas is going to do what gas is going to do. I try not to dwell on it because it's out of my realm of control.

And..... Exactly!

If I remember right, we had a similar thread, exactly a year ago!

I know a guy that runs a single downrigger off his sailboat and a dipsey rod, and I have seen him haul fish just about every time he gave it a try. Sailboats are silent and also can be deadly effective.

I with you Mike,

I am going to feel sorry for the guys that have to fill up at marinas because of gas cost. Lets just hope that everything will work out and gas will go back down to where everyone can afford going fishing again.

Caznik

whats bad and good is Im going to give up smokeing now, not for the reseasons I should like my health but so I can put gas in my boat.... because Im not going to give up listening to them drags screaming......Nothing gets my adrenilne flowing like that sound does.