squid vs. fly

I use to allways run squids behind dodgers and allways had very good luck. Chrome flasher with glow or green squids, orange and black squids, and white flashers with glow or green squids. Never ran any squids behind any beachholders or spin doctors yet.

Rich

I started using squids halfway thru this year and will probably always run at least one now. The ones I used are made by magna dyne. I've been running them with spin doctors, the clear yellow/glo or green/glo spin doctor or the white crush glo with green glo squid rigged the same as a fly about 22-24 inches from flasher to squid has been really good for me. I like that they dont get all mangled and matted up after catching a fish like some fly's do. Ive bought pretty much all the colors from magna dyne but have only used the green/glo.

I Like to run dodgers and squid when i am fishing deep. I will run 4- 8 inch dodgers with glow squid (i like glow green squid) with spoons stacked 7 to 10 feet above the dodgers. Dodgers are 5 ft behind the ball with the squid 12 to 24 inches behind the dodger. Sometimes this can be deadly. I have never run them behind a flasher.

chris

Green glow squid behind a white or green glow hootchie mama has done well for me. I most always run that set up off the Dipsys, but I have had success with them off the riggers also. I have some 4-1/2 and 6-1/2 inch squid I bought off from eBay for about a buck each unrigged including the shipping. I rig the smaller ones with one 04 single hook, and the bigger ones with two 05s. I run these 14 to 18 inches behind a 8 inch flasher or 24 to 30 inches behind a 11 inch flasher. At times these will out produce anything else.:) I do like the flashers better than dodgers, because the flashers work well at most any speed. With dodgers you have to slow down to the 2MPH range or they just don't run right.

Did very well one day this year with a green glow squid, jumbo size white crush hootchie on a full core. As fast as you could get one in, put the rig back out, is how fast we were taking hits.