Picked up everyone at 3AM & on the water by 5AM with my nephew and 2 great-nephews for their first trip to Lake O. A lot of chatter on the radio of guys saying they were nailing the kings & many had a box full, but were not giving out any info. Trolled 120-250 fow with no results & blank screen. Talked to Ray K. around 9AM who was out of Catfish Creek who said they were banging the Coho on spinnies & at what depth, so we headed in that direction.

After about 2 hrs & almost in front of the nuke plant we were unable to spot Ray we heard a fella on the radio who gave a complete report on what they were catching the kings on (blue spinnies/blue fly) 525 fow, 375 back on dipsies, 119 down on riggers. He said he had a box full and wanted to share the info. I didn't catch his name, but he was a great sportsman to share that on the radio. We headed out to 550 & set up again & the dipsies were no more than set out & my nephew nailed a nice king about 20 lbs. It was his first king on the big water so I pulled lines and let him play it out and took a while to bring it in. We spun the boat around and went thru the same waypoint & FISH ON again. My great-nephew was handed the rod & BANG a second rod goes off, DOUBLES. I handed the rod off to my other great-nephew. What a Chinese fire drill that was. 2 kids who had never caught fish that big. We landed a Coho on the first rig and settled down for the second. After much grunting and groaning we finally landed the 2nd fish, a nice 24 lb king. That took about a half hour to bring the fish in & I had a ball watching them. I had a smile ear to ear and they were as proud as peacocks. We spun the boat around again and I landed a nice teenager going through the same area.

The boys were getting tired and also wanted to get back home to show my niece their catch so we headed back home for the 1 1/2 hour drive. When they got back home you couldn't shut them up they were so excited. We had a great day on the water that I'll remember for a long time and the kids will never forget.

dcp_0676-1.jpg

Thanks silverone. Actually it happens quite a bit out of Oswego. Guys are more than willing to share info both on and off the water. It's great to see sportsmen like that. There's more fish in these lakes than we would ever fish out if everyone would just keep to their limits and/or practice catch & release. Some days I keep them & other days I release them. It's all part of the game.