Got out today for just a couple of hours 9:30-11:30am, fished 60-90fow, DRs, 5C and 8C. Marked very few fish. I was hoping the waves And wind would give me a break (it didn't). The forecast was typical for fall, though this year it seemed to be especially tough with the strong winds and waves. Anyway the 0-1footers turned into 2-3footers then solid 3footers.it got worst the farther I went out. So I cut my trip short.

In a related story, yesterday, I happened to be checking the PS bouy and by sheer luck I was viewing the video when they were pulling in the bouy. What a coincidence. Was that a sign of the next day's fish story.

Fishing itself was not easy today. My Littleboat(16-1/2') not only had to deal with my solo fishing limitations (3 lures) but I had just passed a STEEL CHARTER in the channel that must have sucked up all the fish I was hoping catch. I did not get a single bite after I passed that STEEL CHARTER (GREAT REPUBLIC). I think they must have had more lines in the water then licenses? You can see my rod in the picture of its stern waving in disgust.

Hoping for another day.
IMG_20231105_093702.thumb.jpg.c86e45472059d5f64ad6cbad540a0935.jpgIMG_20231105_093554.thumb.jpg.e7bdf7b7e314c95d2e30c5333cf127ba.jpg

Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

1052023141719.thumb.jpg.efac96069c6e50f2fb2e6d1ffa99b30c.jpg

• Like 3

I've built some nice holders with the PVC attached to plastic cartons. I'll keep the boat readily for another big lake adventure. But next I'm going to do some night fishing for these pictured characters. I might need some help catching them in in a local lake.106202316730.thumb.jpg.a5ea59607d3755411ae04e4c8f22f4f1.jpg

• Like 1

I note a Moonshine Bloody Nose on the business end of that rod.  Excellent choice!

By the looks of those pics, you got up close and personal with the Great Republic.  No doubt the fish bugged out.  Glad you are still getting out.  Inland fishing for those eyes sounds like a better option than the big lake.  Be careful, stay safe and catch them all.

• Like 2

I target the walleye mainly. There are 4 walleyes and one whitefish in the picture. I jig for the whitefish (short window for those) and when that bite withers, I start trolling for the walleye. The bites are better at night as the weather gets colder. I fish until they pull the ramps.

That is a bloody nose moonshine spoon in the picture(a real catch all spoon). I had to go in between the Great Republic and the seawall, I had enough room or I would have to wait quite awhile for it to clear. My fish finder went crazy with all the bubbles and channel debris it was throwing up.

• Like 1