Into the fog we went...

First day on the big lake for 07'. Couldn't have asked for a better sea-trial on the electronics. If someone would have flipped the switches on the satellites cruising overhead, you would have heard screams of fear echo from the water on Saturday. 6.9 FOW and couldn't see shore. Thank God for GPS. Water temp was around 42 - 43 from the mouth to 5 miles South of the Pierheads in St. Joe. I was very pleased with picking up only one brown on a orange double jointed J-11 on the first day out. Silver One was in the groove somewhere in fog. Sunday was a nice kite flying day and the fish seemed to be afraid of all the daylight they were swimming under. I didn't have one knock-off and only heard one other boat catch fish. Until next weekend...

Lost the one we had on after we talked to you and lost another at the back of the boat right after that. Cant emphisise to guys enough these arent bluegills, Keep the line tight or it will spit that bait right back at ya, which was the case on bolth lost fish. Came back through that same spot and did not get another bump and ended up calling it a day. by the way Your boat is set up very nice.

Thanks. It has to do with the name of my boat as well. Take Six. Its taken me six tries to get the set-up I like. 15' Rinnker to an 18' Celebrity, then 9 years in a 28' Carver, a year in 1650 Crestliner, two years in a 1750 Crestliner and "Take Six" is my 1850. I'll tell you what though, if anything, I can install radios, GPS's, depthfinders, trim tabs and downriggers with my eyes closed. See you next weekend.

Thanks. It has to do with the name of my boat as well. Take Six. Its taken me six tries to get the set-up I like. 15' Rinnker to an 18' Celebrity, then 9 years in a 28' Carver, a year in 1650 Crestliner, two years in a 1750 Crestliner and "Take Six" is my 1850. I'll tell you what though, if anything, I can install radios, GPS's, depthfinders, trim tabs and downriggers with my eyes closed. See you next weekend.

Thanks for the reports guys! Good Friday will be my first trip out and I can hardly wait.

Do you have a picture of your current setup? I'm always looking for new ideas.

There's one picture in the gallery GLF shot from the bank in St. Joe and I have another one hooked up to my truck. It's really nothing special, I've seen many others that I've drooled over. The hardest thing that I try to overcome when rigging is pleasing the wife. She wouldn't care what I mounted to the boat for fishing as long as when she goes, it doesn't interfere with her catching perch or going for a cruise or taking the kids tubing. I can change my set -up in ten minutes and you wouldn't know we can run eight rods and double stack two riggers. Everything is quick change mounting. The one thing that has suprised me is the addition of trim tabs to a 1850 aluminum boat. She really liked that. (Note: Make it about her and she will allow it.) I can bury the bow and that thing turns into a tank plowing through chop. With the 135 hp and the 15 hp kicker, I couldn't get the bow down. The ride is so much smoother and you can run faster without chipping your teeth. I'm debating the addition of a jack plate. Their cheaper than adding horsepower. Tried to mount an autopilot but couldn't get it to work since the fluxgate compass couldn't be mounted far enough away from any ferris metals. You know, its just all too much fun. Life is good.

There's one picture in the gallery GLF shot from the bank in St. Joe and I have another one hooked up to my truck. It's really nothing special, I've seen many others that I've drooled over. The hardest thing that I try to overcome when rigging is pleasing the wife. She wouldn't care what I mounted to the boat for fishing as long as when she goes, it doesn't interfere with her catching perch or going for a cruise or taking the kids tubing. I can change my set -up in ten minutes and you wouldn't know we can run eight rods and double stack two riggers. Everything is quick change mounting. The one thing that has suprised me is the addition of trim tabs to a 1850 aluminum boat. She really liked that. (Note: Make it about her and she will allow it.) I can bury the bow and that thing turns into a tank plowing through chop. With the 135 hp and the 15 hp kicker, I couldn't get the bow down. The ride is so much smoother and you can run faster without chipping your teeth. I'm debating the addition of a jack plate. Their cheaper than adding horsepower. Tried to mount an autopilot but couldn't get it to work since the fluxgate compass couldn't be mounted far enough away from any ferris metals. You know, its just all too much fun. Life is good.

My wife enjoys taking her friends out in our boat and going "bobber" fishing, perching, and 'just plain boating' on some of the local lakes around here. I know EXACTLY what you mean by having a flexible setup that does not interfere with her enjoyment. My whole setup is easily and quickly removable/adjustable to suit whatever needs to be done. It makes her happy, which makes me happier:D

The only downfall is sometimes when she's out Salmon fishing with me, she'll route for the fish! :rolleyes: I'm still not yet sure what that's all about :confused::D

change in plans. Will not be out this weekend as I am putting a new floor covering in the silver one. Originally it was just replace exsiting then the more I got into the more I tore up. Now putting whole new floor and covering in the aft. good luck to all who venture out this weekend.

Marine carpet. Had vynal and did not like it. Ive had carpet in my duck boat for over 10 years and it still looks new. I just take the power washer blast it down let it dry and shes good to go. The vynal was textured and held dirt. also stains did not clean up out of it. and she was real slippery when wet. Just fininshed putting it down yesterday and looks real nice. Hopfully we can get back on the water next weekend. Someday when I go back to fiberglass I wont have to worry about vynal or carpet, just keeping it clean.