Went out of Port Sheldon after getting my boat tuned up since it did not run good at all, previous trip cut way short. Boat ran good so we set lines in 40 fow and trolled west picked up our first fish in 70 fow, a small King on five colors of lead with a Jawbreaker lure. Next fish, another small King came on 190' of copper with a BLL Tequila Sunrise in about 75 fow and then we boated a 17# King on a SWR with a green Flounder Pounder with the weight down 49'. While fighting the last fish my boat died and restarted about 3 or 4 times finally giving up the ghost. We put out a call but no one wanted to quit fishing at 8:00 AM (I completely understand that) so we floated until a little after 9 AM when a boat named "Slim" gave us a tow in, we offered $ for their time and gas but they refused. The fishing community comes through again. This was my first time needing a tow and I hope it never happens again because it is a horrible feeling. I have replaced about everything electrical on my boat except the coil which is now replaced and it still did not run good, took it back to my mechanic and after checking it out he replaced the condenser again and now it has been running in my driveway for about an hour without even a hiccup so hopefully it is fixed. Many thanks again to "Slim" for the tow truly a great Captain on board that boat.

Great job Slim...Kelly - a policy from Boat US for towing is CHEAP...best insurance you can buy and it comes it handy when you need it - but hopefully you don't.

I second that, if you have to call the Coast Guard they send Tow Boat US and the bill is $450.00. Membership is less than $70.00 cant remember how much I paid this year but its well worth it.

I was on Berts Boy yesterday. Not a good feeling to have the boat die after it was running so well. At least it wasn't windy and as we floated in about

70' of water we did a little jigging while waiting for a tow.

I do think I'll look into that tow insurance myself as I've had issues with my motor as well. Although there are always fishermen out there that are more than happy to tow. I know that in the future I'll go out of my way to tow somebody if need be.

Thanks again to Slim for the tow:thumb:

I've been on both sides. My question about tow boat is do you need a policy for each boat or is it like triple a where it's the person?

Correct, as stated above it's good for any boat you are on.