Big Jon/Traxstech rod Trees

I've been drooling over the Trax Techs for a few years now. Struggling with the price though. A friend has the Big Jon's on his 17 Aluma Craft and I'm quite impressed with the line separation while trolling. I like the idea of mounting them into tracks vs individual Big Jon mounting blocks. My boat is all Bert's so far so I will probably go with the Bert's trees for consistency when I buy, but wonder about the lack of adjustment on the Bert's.

Have fun buying.

Paul C.

I've been drooling over the Trax Techs for a few years now. Struggling with the price though. A friend has the Big Jon's on his 17 Aluma Craft and I'm quite impressed with the line separation while trolling. I like the idea of mounting them into tracks vs individual Big Jon mounting blocks. My boat is all Bert's so far so I will probably go with the Bert's trees for consistency when I buy, but wonder about the lack of adjustment on the Bert's.

Have fun buying.

I hear ya on the price.. about $150 diff between the two. I like the fact that the big jons can be removed easily. the spot i will need to mount them i may have to remove for docking. I know the traxstech can be removed also or rotated but looks like id have to leave off the end cap to remove

The Big Jons are really nice and u can adjust the angles easily and easy fold up holders for storage when you put the boat on the trailer. I run Great Lakes trees and they work well but are not as adjustable as the Big Jons and are not as user friendly but for the $400.00 price difference I can live with it.