Muskegon Fish Guts

After fishing Saturday AM in Muskegon, had to bring the fish home to clean due to no cleaning station at the Muskegon Ramp.:confused::confused::confused:

I put the guts in a five gallon bucket closed the lid with plans to dump them later that night out in the woods.

fell asleep and forgot to deal with them the next day, then left for Pentwater. when I got home Monday night I had a smelly toxic 5 gallon bucket of STUFF :eek:.

I sure would be nice if the Muskegon Ramp next to Great Lakes Marina would put in a fish cleaning station, I always make sure to donate my $10 to use the ramp.

Come on City of Muskegon step it up, even a small station would go along way in bringing in more people to the lake shore.

I love fishing Muskegon, after all it is my home town where I grew up, but hate having to bring the fish home to clean.

Please correct me if I am wrong.... I am fairly certain that most of the fish cleaning stations in Wisconsin are there from cooperation of each city and a local fishing club. I guess I would start talking with the local fishing club and see if a cleaning station is on the radar or not.

Just a suggestion...

Don,

is the City of Muskegon still looking at doing a land swap to move fishermans landing down behind Harbor Towne Marina?

I recall reading about that somewhere but never heard any more news about it.

for the next outing I'm planning on staying the night at Great Lakes so this should be a non issues I use the cleaning station over there.

couldnt agree more jon

The only reason we fish Holland is for the cleaning station. We buy gas, ice, beer, and snacks on the way in, and always stop at a restaurant on the way out (good for local businesses).

When I took my co workers out to Muskegon few weeks back, I launched at the DNR ramp because they have a cleaning station, but it was locked.

Muskegon is just about as easy for me to get to, and the fishing is way easier there (for me), but we will keep going to Holland for the cleaning station.