Since this was the only day I could get out in the next couple of weeks we decided to risk the waves and go out in the am. Left the launch about 7:30 (an hour later than original because of the wave report). The waves were a solid 3-4 with a few 6's mixed in and the new boat handled them great.

Marked some monster bait balls about 70-80 but no bigger fish so we went out to about 150 and trolled in with the waves. At 80 we trolled back out and fought the waves but by about 11am it was 2 footers with an occasional 4 in there.

The glow pattern early didn't work very well but it could've been the tough fishing with the waves too. It picked up as the waves went down and we ended up with 6. I know we had another one on that came unhooked so it was a definite 6 for 7 and had a full core that came flipped the planner but nobody home several times so don't know if it was fish or waves. Most fish came between 150 and 120.

Here's what worked:

18 pound king on a mongolian beef on a wire dip set on 2 180 out.

Huge Laker on 300' of 45lb copper with BLL patriot

Decent king (6-8) on rigger at 40 with BLL mod veggie

Decent king on free slider on rigger at 60 with Fuzzy Bear early bird

17 pound king on the small sized michigan spoon NBK dip on 1.5 136 out

Decent king on SS super slim green with silver (don't know the name)

Overall not a bad day and were still catching fish at 1pm when we had to pack it up especially since when we figured out they wanted small spoons run pretty fast 2.8-3.2 SOG and no FF bite that I could get going.