Wisconsin hates me. Last time we came here (2005) it was snowing like an SOB until we got to Chicago, and then it plummeted to 12 degrees with a 30 mph north wind.

Hmm.

This morning it was snowing like a SOB, took 2.5 hours to drive out of it, and then the wind whipped up from the NW to 25 mph.

At least our research showed us where to fish in the harbor. Of course, the bait was not there and we didn't mark crap, but we did have one good hook up and drag scream before we lost that fish. That hurt - wanted to see it.

Ended up in the main gap getting the snot beat out of us with chop from both sides, but the bait and fish were in there. Picked away at a few until that was too much, then went back to where we marked some fish earlier but it was much nicer. Well not nicer, but less not fun.

They were still there, just took a while to crack it, but before the wife showed up from the children's museum with the kids and honked the horn at us, we went 5/6 in the last hour, losing another big one that ripped the wire out of the plug. The key was slow grind at 1.8 or so (took all but one fish rolling into the chop) with the baits literally pounding the bottom.

This isn't sand bar trolling.....

Tally was 9/13 with 7 in the cooler and two let go as not to be greedy.

Cross the one off the bucket list. I think Glen Arbor is next.

For any of the MI guys that are coming over WI, You will want to check out the link below. Watch for Eric Haataja, Grey Beard, Jason Woda. These guys have the pulse on the Milwaukee area! I know there is other good guys posting there but my memory is short. And ignore the goof balls on there. I am not trying to promote some other site but rather give my fellow GLFer another source of information. Hope this helps.

http://www.lake-link.com/Wisconsin-Fishing-Reports/

Just type in MICHIGAN in the search field. There is several milwaukee, lake Michigan threads so look around.

For any of the MI guys that are coming over WI' date=' You will want to check out the link below. Watch for Eric Haataja, Grey Beard, Jason Woda. These guys have the pulse on the Milwaukee area! I know there is other good guys posting there but my memory is short. And ignore the goof balls on there. I am not trying to promote some other site but rather give my fellow GLFer another source of information. Hope this helps.

http://www.lake-link.com/Wisconsin-Fishing-Reports/

Just type in MICHIGAN in the search field. There is several milwaukee, lake Michigan threads so look around.

:(:confused::(

How about getting them to sign up here and post their reports here?

Well Kevin you picked the worse weekend in the last 6 weeks to fish the harbor . Glad you found fish, they will be there until sometime in may. I have head of some big ones caught lately too. Just have to be there at the right time. Jason won't start posting until sometime in April. Just finished his classes on Salmon fishing. Reel nice guy.

As for lake link sometime u have to read between the lines , Eric ,Jason and Grey beard tell it how it is. The others well? we have no Idea.

If you need any Information on fishing the harbor or other areas in Milwaukee give me a shout and I will help you out where I can.

Jim

On a side note I pick the worst weekend to get my boat out of storage again, a blizzard once again, but its home waiting for the water now.

Edited by jimcr
adding

I'm not desperate, or avid. I just don't let obstacles get in my way - you get better stories that way.

My eight year old has to write journals at school every week, and at conferences the teacher complimented her imagination. I asked to read the stories, and laughed, telling the teacher it was all true and she even left out some of the better details.

That said, as for the fishing, we launched at River Front (?) and set up in the river. Didn't mark any thing in there. After a few laps we went into the harbor and fished south of the river, marked some fish (way points) and went to the car ferry dock, did a few laps in there and lost two fish. Finally guessing the waves may be pushing the bait (never marked any - fish all empty) against the walls, we trolled across to the south gap and then up the break wall to the main gap. Marked a few in there and took a couple near the main gap, but it was evil with 2' chop from both sides with it bouncing off the wall.

Went back to where we marked the fish, about 1/4 mile out NW from the river mouth, and just pounded the bottom 3' of water in there. Anything higher than that would not get a sniff, even though we were marking fish high on occasion. At the end we had two doubles, but then my wife and kids showed up, which was fine, as a hot tub and dinner were sounding good.

Lots of clowns on that website. I will say in doing my research, for the few people that helped me, I got many more messages telling me to stay home. I buy over a million in tooling out of Milwaukee a year and get told to pound sand - that's funny.

Lots of clowns on that website...... WELL PUT!

Great job on the fishing!

The moderators allow it to happen.

And thats why I am here' date=' great peoples and no bashing.[/quote']

I am here for the same reasons , plus there is more people here that Show there expertise other than showing how stupid they have become by bashing others. Its a much nicer place here!