Rigger Set-up on Small Boats

Flyboy

Currently I'm running an 18' lund, and would like to run another rigger down the chute. Not sure how this is done with an outboard motor. I'm just wondering where some of you guys are mounting this rigger on your boat. Pics would be great if anyone has any.

With a outboard it would be very difficult and not worth mounting a rigger down the middle. That is unless you want to bang cannon balls of your motor hood and get rigger cable twisted in your prop. I run 4 riggers off my 19' Yar Craft, one on each corner and one out each side.

I had 4 riggers, put a auxiliary motor on and put the 4th rigger in the garage. Don't miss it a bit. Matt is right, another dipsy rig is super simple. Deeper diver will get you down there.

If you don't have a board, you can mount them on the gunnel. One just a bit forward of the other. Swing one out to the side and put the other one straight back.

i would just put 2 out the side and 2 off the corners going back. thats how i have always run more than 2 riggers. i thing one down the middle is just asking for trouble. and with the outboard just doubles the problems. just my opinion.

sherman

I used to run 3 across the back when I had an i/o but now with an outboard It not worth the trouble like others have said. I have so many other options to get rods out between dipsy's and inline planers and planer boards. If I really need more riggers I could put 2 on the side along with the 2 I now have on the back corners.

We have a small Starcraft and run two riggers of the back, and 2 dipsies off of each side. Six lines is plenty for a small boat. If you want one more line, but also the added chance of a tangle, you could try running Lead Core off of the very back.

Have you seen the set up on the S.A.? I am sure you could mount both riggers on the side. Run one off the back on each side, and one of the side. Use pancake weights with a tuned fin to keep the side riggers away from the back and your in business. Another thing to do is have the green machine make you a 4 holder tree with the bottom holder for a dipsy.

I would contact Reid with get in touch with Terry. I would but from Terry before any other named brand.

i just fish the central basin for walleye now. but its really the same thing. unless you are already maxed out on diver rods you would be better to just put out another diver. i have 4 riggers on my boat but rarely use more than 2 of them. i have 1 out each side and 1 back off each corner. i run 4 divers on each side then i have 2 outriggers i use the small dipsy,s on for fish up high, then i just use the riggers to get more lines in the water if i have that many people onboard. in ohio your only allowed 2 rods, so i can fish 6 people and only use 2 riggers.

sherman