Spin n glow questions

I was thinking about running a few of these next year, but was wondering if they only catch lakers? Are they more spring, summer, or fall rigs? What are the best colors? Best bouncing the bottom or can they be run anywhere in the water column? What size is best?

Thanks in advance.

Last year about midday I started experimenting with them. I threw one 18" behind a trashcan and put it down on the bottom in 99 fow. Minutes later rod bounces...laker. Reset and no sooner did it pop and start screaming line. I grabbed it right away and new it wasn't a laker, Turned out to be a 3yr old king.

From there on out I would use them as a go to rig if I just wanted to boat some greasers on a slow day. My favorite colors are green and chartreuse. Sorry I don't know the exact color names.

Same as above.

We typically don't run them anywhere but on the bottom' date=' but we have caught some big kings in the mix with the lakers down there in that cold water.[/quote']

Same here. When fishing lakers if there are kings down there they will hit a dodger and spin n glow.

Thanks guys! Calebas has some of these on sale in the bargin cave. What size should I go with? 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 or 1 inch?

Here is how i run mine. the 1 inch i run by itself with four beads then the hook. the 3/4 and 5/8 i run the smaller one then i bead then the larger one and then four beads to the hook. I am not sure of the sizes though on the smaller if it is the 3/4 and 5/8 or the 5/8 and the half. I can check when i get home from work. then three times the length of the dodger is the leader length i use.

I was thinking about running a few of these next year, but was wondering if they only catch lakers? Are they more spring, summer, or fall rigs? What are the best colors? Best bouncing the bottom or can they be run anywhere in the water column? What size is best?

Thanks in advance.

These are NOT just for lakers. I have caught walleye and steel on them also.

I like them to skip, i want the rigger ball to bounce every 3-5 seconds or so.

We used to do that a lot when tourney fishing and needed the fish. We would have someone on ever deep rigger to keep adjusting them and keep them in the zone. You don't want to drag bottom only skip or tick it like Matt said.

you drop your cannon ball till it is just ticking on the bottom. You can also use a wire rod with a 1 1/2 lb ball and drop that back till it is just hitting the bottom also. Sometimes when the riggers aren't producing then it is time for the wire rod. the size i am using are 1 or 1 1/4 inch and the 5/8 for my double rigs.and the 1 1/2 by itself or the 1 1/2 and a 5/8 double. I use both the white and prism wings. When i get back in town monday i will try and get some pics of what i am using.

I ran small ones this year 24-26" behind the dodgers. Somedays they liked this, somedays they liked flies, and every day they liked a 10" white spinny with a purple mirage fly 36" behind it.

Cranking up a 22" laker, if you know it's there, on a 2# ball 300' back SUCKS!