This is my first report, so here goes. Went straight out from the piers and set up in about 85 feet. First trip for my oldest son on the boat. First fish was 6 pound king in about 115 feet on 3 color/church board. Black/white spoon with yellow squigglies (?). 15 minutes later same rig goes off, this time 5 pound steelie. ½ hour later same rig goes off, 5 pound laker. Dodged around the nets for a while going SW then headed back NE. Tugboat and dredger cut off my planned route around the nets so had to turn west again, 82mm silver walker diver on 3 back 85 w/ mag green /silver SS spoon rips with a very nice steelie, went airborne 5 times, takes out 200 feet then nothing. Line comes in and the leader was frayed. 20 lb Berkley Vanish Flouro. 2nd time this year a nice fish has broken that stuff, so it’s going in the trash. Last week my father-in-law lost a big king on it. Going to 30 lb big game. Last fish was 4 lb laker on DR green/red flasher and green fly down 45. Ended up 4 for 5. Finished at 12:30 as my son had to go to work.

I let my son do all the reeling and I netted. He’s getting ready to take off for 5 months of Army Officer training before being deployed. Hope we get in a couple more trips before he goes. Great day on the water.