2011 Photo Contest

We will be doing the photo contests again this year. :thumb: This years contest will again be sponsored by Siggs Rigs.

• This is a best photo contest.
  • This year there will be 5 seperate photo contests that run from May - September.
  • The winner of each months contest will receive $30 in flies(no flashers) from Siggs Rigs.
  • Fish can be caught on any products. ie....spoons, flies, plugs, cut bait, etc, etc
  • IF the winning picture was a fish caught on a Siggs Rigs fly, and shows the fly in the picture, you will receive $60 in flies from Siggs Rigs.
  • All entries must be from the gallery here.

I will start a new thread for each month for the new contest. The first contest starts 1 May.

If you have any questions, please ask.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Should be fun, since I'm new, just wondering, what type of pics. are you looking for, just anything, biggest fish, most fish, or what exactly? Any link to the fly maker sponsor? Thanks.

Could be any or none of the above. The members here usually vote on the best pic. Make it unique. A pic of the fish with the rig used to catch it. Usually the fish still has hooks in it's mouth.

Pictures should contain fish, but all photos are accepted.

This years contest should have alot of entries. The only time the photos are voted on by members is if we can not determine a winner.

Went to their website today, pretty interesting, although, I don't like buying out of State made products very often. I'd rather support our local lure/fly makers whenever possible to keep that Michigan economy rolling along. Haven't tried those VMC red hooks either, my experience with red Japanese circle hooks on flies some years back was awful, the fish destroyed them, and I lost a bunch of fish, until I replaced with American VMC and Eagle Claws to cure the ills. Those big boy salmon on Lk. Michigan require heavy tines to land securely.