Leader storage

I need some ideas on how to store some extra Flasher to fly leaders and some extra dipsey leaders. I would like to pre tie about 8 Flasher to fly leaders from 24- 40'' ans 2 extra dipsey leads 6=7'.

Thanks Steve

Pool noodle!! Best thing in the world and cheap. Cut it into twelve inch pieces. With a sharp knife or utlity blade:

Cut a V down the center half way to the center.

Mark both sides of the v with a marker to make a straight cut.

cut around the circumferance half way to the center.

It will hold 10 leaders.

Get the bigger diameter noodle with the small hole. gander sells them for 2 or three bucks.

leader_holder_003.jpg

leader_holder_002.jpg

leader_holder_001.jpg

this is my walleye noodle you can see this one has a couple leaders at 6' ea in length. you can see the marker marks on the one pic it really helps to keep your cuts straight. Make your cuts one inch apart.

I use the pool noodles also. I don't cut the V or slots all the way around. I just cut about an inch and a half slice every 3/4 of an inch along the length of the noodle piece. The short slice gives you a place to start, then wind the leader tight and stick the open snap into the foam.

Another great use for the pool noodle is to make a cut down to the center hole and wrap it around one of your canvas top structural pieces. Then you can hang you flies from it so the bodies are stored hanging upside down to add more flare when you put them back in action. This also keeps your fly leaders nice and straight.

• 3 weeks later...