Whats your favorite presentation

We all have our preferences on what we use to catch fish. Whats your favorite?

For me, although i consider myself to be a diverse angler when it comes to presentation for walleye, i find myself to be a jig fisherman at heart. Just a versatile presentation. Can be finessed or fish aggressively. Fireball Jigs from Northland and the swim jig or Adam Bomb as i call my homemade version are my favorite jigs. Day in and day out probably some of my most consistant lure choices. I fish these with a full minnow and a stinger.

Walleye love jigs!

th_FirstWeekend2009009.jpg

Second favorite is probaby spoons. I catch allot of fish on #1 Do jiggers and small cleos or BPS Flashy Times spoons.

Lastly, swim baits like the flyer jigs or jiggin rap.. #3 and #5's seem to work well on bay walleye for me.

I always loved spoon. Ive fished the river alot and like crocodiles, and loco spoons, but on the bay do jiggers are the way to go. But in the last few years theyve seemed to let me down a little. Last year i never changed lures after the first week and limited almost every time on a small firetiger jiggin rapala and some weird multi colored nils master jigggin lure. But friends sittin right next to me caught fish but not as many on a parrot jig head. Every year it seems they want something just a little different.

Okay, it probably is not an expected or appropriate response on a GREAT LAKES FISHING website, nor is it that common a presentation for me anymore........but......

I learned to fish from my dad when I was about 3 or 4 years old. The classic presentation was a slip bobber and a night crawler. There still is something about watching that bobber go down that excites me and brings back memories.

My kids can set the dipsies, bring in kings after 20 minute runs, and jig for walleye. But they learned first to watch that bobber with a zebco spincaster in their hands.

Woops--I just realize this is in an ice fishing thread--sorry, didn't mean to hijack.....

Scott

I always loved spoon. Ive fished the river alot and like crocodiles, and loco spoons, but on the bay do jiggers are the way to go. But in the last few years theyve seemed to let me down a little. Last year i never changed lures after the first week and limited almost every time on a small firetiger jiggin rapala and some weird multi colored nils master jigggin lure. But friends sittin right next to me caught fish but not as many on a parrot jig head. Every year it seems they want something just a little different.

I had some great luck on the #3 and #5 jigging raps in glow tiger last year. Ecspecially the second half of the season. I like to take the hook off and add a muskie shop fast snap in size 1 and then put on a #8 premium treble hook. Tip with a perch minnow or 1/2 perch minnow body worked great. Getting the hook away from the body seemed to help my hook up to land ratio significantly....Do jiggers were a stong suit for me again last winter. Chart/silver, chart/kelly green, pearl/chart are amongst some favorites...size #1.

Cant wait for you to come over Steve. Will be fun. Remember those scoops Rick made? Dont get caught with your hand in the cookie jar...lol

On the Saginaw River, bright colored leadhead jigs (1/4-3/4 oz.) are by far the most productive for me followed by jigging raps in the sizes stated above. On the bay, #1 do-jiggers (thanks Adam) and jigging raps share the success. I will try more leadheads and deadsticking on the open water this winter. Thanks....