looking for a copper rod and reel setup

I don't but i rigged up some okuma xperies with 150 and 300.

I think I ended up spending 160 bucks for the whole set up.

Xp 302 w/150' 45lbs copper and 200yds 30lbs PP 50'20lbs fluro

xp 452 300' 45 lbs and same backing and leader

I've found that the 452s with copper gets a little tight, but it may just be my opinion.

Personally I'd put 300 copper on a 55 series.

Also helps with retrieval speed.

If you want to find some stuff for sale, you may want to come to the swap meet in Jenison. I'm sure a few guys here can get you the details.

I don'thave any for sale but you could try Bretts place on the bay. he has some all set to go. The xp452 should hold enough copper for you. they hold as much as my cv45d I have set up for my wire. I currently have 2 magpro55 setup for copper . How much copper do you plan on running? More than 500ft?. If its a small amount you may be able to drop down to a xp302 . but I would stay with the xp452, of the magpro55, the best would be a convector series of 45-55 .

im not sure how much im thinking 300 or 350 with a good amount of backing just trying to get gear setup while i have the time recovering from my first surgery i dont have any experience with copper approx how deep will a 45 pound 350 copper get me im thinking of swapping out my leadcores off boards with copper for midsummer kings

im not sure how much im thinking 300 or 350 with a good amount of backing just trying to get gear setup while i have the time recovering from my first surgery i dont have any experience with copper approx how deep will a 45 pound 350 copper get me im thinking of swapping out my leadcores off boards with copper for midsummer kings

350' of 45# copper should get you down into the 90's depending on what speed you are going. Here is a link to a depth chart to look at. Good luck with the recovery!

Ali, save your self a bunch of grief and start with the 32 pound super copper. The 45 series (convector) will hold 250' with braid backing. That will get you down 50'.

A pen 330 gti will hold 350' getting you down 70'. The 55 series (convector) will hold 450' getting you down 90'. here is a link to the 32# soft copper. I took a 1000' role and set up 4 reels. 1@350' 1@250', and 2@200'. You can save yourself the expense of buying extra poles by swapping out the reels.

Keep this in mind. A flasher/fly will make the copper rig run higher, while a plug will make it run deeper. If your going to run a f/f it is a good idea to use heaver mono/fluoro, like 30 pound. when using Fluoro, get leader line, rather than fishing line.

During the summer time we mainly run Ace Hi plugs on our Copper riggs. In the spring we run spoons.

Both my 350', and 250' took lots of mid summer fish last year fishing over 85-110 fow in Lake Mi.