Arch rod holder twisting

Hello.

I have these nice rod holders that I put up on my arch (the gold one). They are solid and good rod holders, however, when I pull copper or heavy topedos, no matter how tight I seem to try to make them, they rotate back.

I was told to put electrical tape around the arch and then tighten the rod holder down. It did not seem to help. When I pull big boards and copper, they eventually twist back on the arch.

Any thoughts?

Scott

picture.php?albumid=156&pictureid=328

album.php?albumid=156&pictureid=328

Edited by Nailer

Do they have teeth on the inside of the clamp, if not I would drill a hole in the clamp and add a set screw of some kind . I have some that mount on the rail and they have some pretty large teeth so that they don't rotate, and run dipseys and they stay put. In the photo I'm running lead core but I will be adding one more on each side as my inside rod holders don't get low enough for the dipsey rods.

m_p9120009.jpg

I would drill a 3/16 hole through the clamp and arch and put a 3/16 SS detent pin through it. McMaster Carr has them in their catalog for a couple of bucks each. They are also on line. These pins have a spring loaded ball near the tip to keep them in place. You can also order the ones with rings on them and bead chain them to the tower to prevent loss. I use detent pins to hold my trees and Rocket launcher into position. If you are never going to move them a SS bolt and lock nut would suffice.