Mackinaws are hitting in Pennsylvania

Polar Bear

I hope you guys aren't tierd of Lakers , I can't get enough of them...I know they are small , but I am in Pennsylvania wishing I was at Stannard Rock....

Well I finally got out for some Lake Trout action on Lake Raystown , Raystown is the only lake entirely in Pennsylvania that has Mackinaws.....Saturday November 6 and Sunday 7, 2010 ......... thanks for looking .......

I took the pictures with the timer on the camera , so please excuse the poor pictures

015.jpg

016-1.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

Looks like a great day on the water. :thumb: How big is that lake?

Raystown Lake is an 8,300-acre man-made impoundment of the Raystown Branch of the Juniata River. The dam, completed in 1973, backs up water for over 30 miles. Raystown Dam is operated by the United States Army Corps of Engineers as a flood control dam protecting populated areas from flooding from Huntingdon, Pennsylvania to the mouth of the Susquehanna River as it flows into the Chesapeake Bay. Raystown Dam has saved property owners and municipalities tens of millions of dollars in flood damage that would have occurred since construction was started in 1971.

Nice catch and love the background. Being originally from central PA myself I enjoy seeing pics from back home. I got my young start on fishing there and spent many hours fishing the Susquehanna River and always had great brook trout fishing at Parker's Dam. It is hard to beat the mountain streams for trout fishing. (Just had to keep an eye out for the snakes)