went out of Holland last night ,set lines in 170 trolled out t0 230 had one wack in 130 but got snapped!:(Pulled lines and went to 120 fow to fish for lake trout at 6:30 and as soon as we got the tin cans down we hit our first fish a nice 9 lb laker, fished that water until 8:00 and finished 4 for 8 alll lakers . got them all on the bottom with tin can dodger and spin-n-glow, the water temp was 45 deg. There is lots of trout between holland and Saugatuck just like capt. Ron pointed out in his post.Talked to some buddys at the cleaning station that fished the 230 to 240 last night and had 8 slamon ans steelhead so we gave up on the deep water just short of where the fish where:rolleyes:. They where fishing down 120 to 130 with spoons.The water out there was very warm you had to get down past 120 foot to get 50 deg. water. jimmy

Nice catch, a lot of people knock lake trout but they are good eating. I've done a few blind taste tests with friends with lakers and salmon or steelies all prepared the same way. Everytime I've done it, my guests liked lake trout the best.