Ludington 9-19

My buddy and I fished yesterday and we went offshore to the south. Had some slow spells and a few flurries and ended up 8 for 15. We hit a lot of steelhead and lost a lot of them. I was bringing in a high diver to change the spoon, a C5 double orange crush and it was 40 ft behind the boat on the surface when a steelie slammed it, went airborn 5 times and got off. We landed a couple nice 3 year old kings bright as a dime. All the fish were not mature. 2 fish came on a moonshine sarge (thanks Matt) down 110 on a rigger. We had a silver backed wart frog, with a mag on the bottom and a regular stacked above it and both went, they took 3 fish. Got one on a blk paddle and green fly on a mag low diver out 200. A stingray carmel dolphin went on a 200 ft copper and DW super slim fireball on a half core went a couple times. Our best was the 42 line in the 52's to 54's. Good Luck!

That fish is great looking. Nice and silver....mmmm yum:thumb: I haven't looked at a map but curiously wondering about how deep you were when offshore hitting the steel? Headed up this weekend a few ports north of Ludville....

Jason; From what Brent Captain of the Sportsman' told me Friday at pentwater the steelhead are stacking up out of the shelf over 250' water top 90' 270 degrees off the Juniper, P.S. and the October fest is coming up soon seen signs all over town, and you can't off at the pentwater exit from 31 if your going North, you have to get off at Hart go east to the stop sign and go north to pentwater, they are doing ramp work.

If you go Good luck and be safe.