Attention Pentwater guys.

My brother asked my to come fish with him next weekend.

I want to put a plan together before I go. I know the point holds fish, but wonder about the skinny water out front for staging Kings.

I have a few questions.

Assuming the weather, and water stay the same. We would be starting early Am.

#1 How many Kings stage out in front of Pentwater Lake? Is it worth fishing the skinny water out front?

#2 Should we start down by the point?

#3 Should we start out front and work our way to the point?

#4 Is there so much current at the point where it messes up the action on plugs?

#4 On a typical day is the current coming from the South or North?

# 5 If we go chasing deep Steelhead, when do they stop feeding?

#6 Are we better off going North to the project?

Thank You very much.

Ken.

I keep my boat in Pentwater and we usually start out about a mile or to North of the Dunes (or Juniper Beach is what the locales call it.) Then head south. In front of the sand dunes can be hit or miss. If they are there it is a good time otherwise it can be a dead zone like this weekend. This weekend you either needed to be to the North or South of them If you made it down to the point there where quite a few fish down there and back to the North of the sand there where some good pockets. Down at the point the currents are vary strong and can twist your gear up quickly so dont make any sharp turns if you are dragging alot of gear. There is not really a run that comes up the river there like in ludington or ports to the north. Fish do go up the river there but they are not up it yet. As for depths to fish they can vary. There have been some pretty bigg blows the last couple of weeks so they change almost dailey lately. Good Luck

Like Erik says: there at the Juniper is good, and some times I north to the three sisters a little short of the projects at ludington start in 50' and work out, I love it over there at pentwater, wish I lived there instead of 4hrs away good luck on your trip.

There are fish all the way down from straight out to south of the point generally this time of year. I generally run SW until about 65-75 FOW depending on temps, and then troll south to the dunes, work that for a while, and then troll back. A mile north of the dunes to the point is generally the productive water (and the busiest). I like to fish 85-160, but people do catch fish off the piers, and they do fish the skinny water (doesn't appear to get much pressure, so it might be an untapped resource). If you do fish in shallow for the staging Kings, be sure to give us a report.

There are fish all the way down from straight out to south of the point generally this time of year. I generally run SW until about 65-75 FOW depending on temps, and then troll south to the dunes, work that for a while, and then troll back. A mile north of the dunes to the point is generally the productive water (and the busiest). I like to fish 85-160, but people do catch fish off the piers, and they do fish the skinny water (doesn't appear to get much pressure, so it might be an untapped resource). If you do fish in shallow for the staging Kings, be sure to give us a report.

Mike, Welcome aboard.

We will fish Friday pm and Saturday am. Reports will abound when I get back.

My brother in-law did very well yesterday in 85-100 fow south of port.